0.03 Consequences

Isla placed Lara in her crib and walked back out into the living room. Alyssa sat taking her shoes off and threw them aside. "So, what was that all about?" She mused. Isla plopped down onto the sofa and threw her feet up. "I don't know. Something I guess." Alyssa smiled. "You've still got it." She turned around to grab her phone and heard some sniffles. When she turned back around, she saw Isla holding her head in her hands. "What's wrong?" she asked. "I- I miss Max. I- I'm so stupid but I-" Isla paused and broke down even more. "I still love the bastard." Alyssa moved closer to Isla and wrapped her arm around her. "He left me but I still love him Al. Was it me?" Alyssa shook her head and squeezed her friend tighter. "Like, you look at Kelly and she just...she's perfect and then you look at me. I could write you a book about what's wrong with me. I couldn't even write a word about what's wrong about Kelly." Alyssa's heart broke listening to her friend. She was clearly hurt. "But you're perfect too. You're perfectly imperfect." Alyssa smiled wiping a tear of Isla's face. "I'm just so tired Al. I just got off a tour and now I've got a baby to take care of and do more stuff, I just...it's tiring." Not much words were shared after that.

Isla soon fell asleep but Alyssa was wide awake. She placed a blanket over her friend on the sofa and made sure everything was locked up before leaving. Isla was sound asleep but a vibration from her phone ruined it and woke her. She picked it up and looked at the message from Alyssa. "I can't beelieve this dickhead..." was all it read followed by a picture of Max out partying. Isla's eyes went wide. Those were the clothes he was wearing when they picked up Lara from Max's place. That bastard! He was out clubbing when he was supposed to be taking care of Lara. She grabbed a pillow and began screaming every single curse word under the sun as loud and as passionate as she could before she fell back breathlessly. "Bastard." she whispered.

Bastard...