0.13 Liar

The sun broke through the curtains and shone into the room. Isla's eyes fluttered open and immediately clocked Charles beside her softly snoring. She smiled and just admired him like a work of art. Charles let out a huff and woke up. His eyes opened to be met with Isla's. "Good morning princesse." He croaked as he rubbed his eyes. A comfortable silence filled the room which Charles broke. "Well, last night happened." Isla laughed and lay her chin on his chest to look up at him. "Well done Sherlock." she teased. Isla hadn't noticed until Charles pointed it out but her phone was going haywire. She turned around and saw her phone full of notifications from her family, friends, manager, everyone. She quickly clicked onto them to see what the fuss was about and her face dropped at the sight. Her and Charles going into the club last night. Thank god they hadn't seen pictures of them in the club or that would be a totally different story. "What is it mon cœur?" he asked kissing her shoulder to have a look only to be faced with shock as well. "Oh shit." He muttered.

"I mean are we together now?" she asked looking back at him. Charles was about to answer but was cut off from Isla's manager Michael on the phone. "One sec." she said answering the phone and walking out to Charles' living room. "Hello?" she chirped. "Don't you hello me! Who is this Charles Leclerc and why is he your ex's friend? Do you know how bad this makes you look?" Isla bit her lip. "It makes you look like you're sleeping around with drivers Isla! Do you want a reputation as a whore?" She felt ashamed for what she had done. She went and slept with a driver from thee grid that her ex was also driving with. "What did you do when you left?! Where did you go?" he asked. Isla panicked slightly but realised he was probably still in LA. "I got a taxi home. I'm in my apartment." she said confidently. "No you aren't. I went to your apartment and you didn't answer. Now I'm in your living room on the sofa so I'll ask again Isla, where are you right now?" she had to admit defeat now. "At Charles' apartment." There was a slight buffer in thought between the two. "You are joking." he said bluntly. "I wish I was." Isla replied. "Did you sleep with him?" Isla's silence was enough if an answer. "Oh come on Isla!" he said clearly annoyed now. "But Michael-" Michael groaned loudly. "Okay, I'll sort out the press, you just stay away from éclair until this blows over." he told her. "I don't see why I should. I could just say I was in Charles' because I forgot my keys."

"As I said, I'll sort the press, stay away from this Charles guy." and then he hung up. Isla's bloods boiled. She couldn't even be happy as this point. She stomped back to Charles room and threw her clothes back on. "What's going on?" he asked. "I have to go." she replied bluntly. "Why?" he asked sitting up. "Because myy manager is at my apartment and wants to talk about what happened last night." Charles swallowed the lump in his throat. "Look, about last night by the way. Did itt mean anything to you?" he asked. Isla's expression softened. "I mean, I really like you so I'd say yes." she smiled but Charles' expression wiped that smile from her face. "So you don't feel the same?" she asked almost heartbroken. "We met a month ago, I don't think we should jump into things so quickly."

"So you just have sex with me and throw me away? Are you serious?" she yelled. Charles felt intimidated now. No woman other than his mother has ever spoken to him in such an authoritive tone. "You're just like Max! You saying not all drivers are like him, it appears you're all the same!" she shouted one last time and slamming the door. She left the apartment building and made her way to her apartment. Her phone buzzed yet again but this time from Max. She rolled her eyes and answered. "Don't you even start Max Emilan Verstappen because if you even dare raise your voice to me, not even your dad will stop me from ripping you limb from limb now what do you want?" Max was taken back by the sudden instruction. "I saw you and Charles all over Instagram, what's that all about?" he asked. "What do you think it is all about?" she asked finally making it to her apartment block. "Fuck buddies, revenge maybe." Isla scoffed. "Revenge? You're so full of yourself, aren't you?"

"Excuse me?" he said, his voice going a bit higher. "You're excused now goodbye." and with that she hung up on the Dutch man and pushed the door of her apartment open to see herr manager sitting on the couch with a coffee in hand. "Nice to see you made yourself at home." she spat. "You don't look like you're happy to see me." he replied setting the cup aside. "Now about Charles-" He was cut off by Isla. "Just shut up and let me be happy! I don't care that I may look like a whore but you have me putting out songs about sex and stuff anyway so why not?" Michael raised his eyebrows at the young Cuban. "I was going to say you two could bee in a relationship. One of those pr stunts." Isla choked on air. "I told you I'm not doing one of those again! I've done one with Austin Mahonee, I'm not doing one with someone I genuinely like." Michael shrugged his shoulders. "Then you are single until you get a contract that says you aren't." That sentence alone was sadistic. "Tell me Isla, do you love him? Truly, genuinely love him?" Isla did but with Michael there, she couldn't say. "No, it was just a drunk mistake. I didn't care if we were alone or not, my mind just took over and one thing led to another." she said shamefully. She felt guilty now. "Well, that's good to hear but if we don't make you two seem like friends, it might get suspicious why you suddenly stopped talking. So I'm having a few meetings with his PR team over at Ferrari and hopefully, you'll be seen at a few Grand Prix in the Ferrari garage."

"Well since I don't love him, what's the harm?" she chirped. Michael nodded in agreement. "You know it's for the best. Now, I'll be on my way to Maranello. I'll see you later." he said kissing her cheek before talking away. Isla plopped down on her couch and threw her heels to the side. She just lied. Now her mind would usually just shrug it off and move on but thee hangover made her feel guilty. She loved Charles, she really did but she just lied about it. That man, the delicate things he did, the endearing things he said, they were all forgotten and turned into one big lie she made up. She was a liar butt she loved it. She was living herr life on the edge a little. She was like his forbidden fruit and he was hers. She loved it, this lying.