0.26 First Man

Isla paced at the back of the Church with Lando chuckling at her. "What if he is having second thoughts Lando?" She asked in a nervous state. "He isn't, I promise." he said trying to reassure her but it wasn't working. "You can't promise anything! You aren't him!" she whisper shouted. Alyssa pushed through the door and looked between Lando and Isla. "He's waiting." she whispered. "Does he have Hugo?" Isla asked. Alyssa nodded and nearly squealed. "He does and it's so cute!" Isla decided to forgive Alyssa after she found out that both her and Charles were drunk. Isla didn't have anyone to walk her down the aisle other than her brother. Isla had no one, no one to walk her down the aisle. Her mother passed and her father stopped talking to her after she began dating Max. He didn't quite like him. She sat down looking at the time. "He's late!" she kept muttering. "He always seems to be late to important events." Isla joked. "Well he did just come back from his honeymoon." Lando said, trying to reason with her. "But he got off the flight last night! What's taking so long?"

Almost as if scripted, Max walked into the church still fixing his tie. "This is useless!" he said fumbling with thee fabric. "You're walking me down the aisle and here you are late to my wedding!" Isla said walking over and fixing his tie. "Where's Lara?" she asked. "I'm here mama!" Isla looked down at her now seven year old daughter in a beautiful pastel pink dress. Her hair dark brown like her mothers and her eyes blue like Max's. "Of course my little girl. You look so lovely. Oh, go over to auntie Alyssa and grab a basket of flower petals." Isla smiled turning back to Max. "Where is Kelly by the way? Did she go in the side?" Max nodded. "Okay, the tie is finished."

"Isla? Why did you ask me to walk you down the aisle?" It was a good question. "Max, I don't have anyone to walk me down. I chose you because you were the first, the very, very first man that ever loved me and I cherish every single moment we shared together." Isla smiled. "Now we are passed whatever that was and we can finally be friends. You know, with you and Kelly getting married and having kids and the same with me and Charles. You're practically my best friend Max and I think my best friend should walk mee down the aisle." Max grabbed onto Isla and pulled her in close for a hug tto which she didn't refuse. "Max, I don't want to be a bitch but I think we should get going now." Isla chuckled. Max sniffled a bit and nodded. "We really should." Max linked his arm with Isla's as the melody of Here Comes The Bride started playing. Max and Isla walked just behind Lando, Alyssa and Lara. Both sides of the church looked back to them all in awe. Rthee dress was absolutely stunning and the bride was even more stunning. Charles felt his breath leave his chest as he still rocked the little baby Hugo Leclerc Abascal in his arms. Isla smiled as she saw him up there looking back at her. That man right there was Herr future husband and love of her life. Him, right there.

Max let go of Isla and sat back down beside Kelly in the front as Isla joined Charles up at the altar. The sun shone through the beautiful mosaic glass windows, causing a beautiful rainbow to splash onto the two beautiful people standing hand in hand. The service was relatively quick enough, each second growing sooner and sooner to the most important bit. The wedding vowes. Isla felt her palms sweating and Charles felt them sweating too. He squeezed her hands three times in hope to tell her he loved her and hopefully calm her down. It worked surprisingly enough. Isla felt herself almost drift away, thinking only of what she and Charles would be doing for the rest of their lives. She was crudely torn from her thoughts as she heard her name being whispered by Charles. She looked at him a bit surprised and realised she had to read her vowes. "Oh shit-" she muttered. Isla looked down at Lara holding the pillows with the rings on them. Isla took Charles and prepared to slide it onto his finger.

"Do you, Isla Abascal take Charles Leclerc to be your lawfully y wedded husband through sickness and in health, prosperity and poverty, until death do you part?" Charles gripped her hands a little bit tighter aas she answered. "I do." she responded. A smirk crept onto her lips. "Or do I?" she asked facing the crowd. A few light hearted chuckles could be heard but she had to be serious now. "But I do." Charles laughed and took his hand away from hers. "And now Mr Leclerc's vowes." Charles took out a piece of paper and scanned over the handwritten lines he'd prepared very briefly before losing hope and giving up. "No, no. I'll just go from what's in my head, in my heart." he said scrunching up the paper and handing it to Isla. "Everything I need to say, you already know but just in case you forgot. I love you, from now and until forever. I promise to love you without condition, to honour you each and every day, to laugh with you when you're happy and to support you when you're sad. I promise to guide you when you ask for direction, to challenge you to be a better person and to allow you to do the same for me. I was, am and forever will be your biggest fan and I would choose you in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I'd find you and I'd choose you. " Isla felt herself welling up with tears. That was all improvised? Not a chance! Isla engulfed Charles into a hug and smiled. "You remembered my favourite quote from my favourite book." Charles nodded. "Of course I did. The Chaos of Stars. I listen to you." he chuckled lightly pulling away and slowly sliding a ring onto her finger. A perfect fit. "I now pronounce you husband and wife. Mr and Mrs Leclerc. You may now kiss the bride." That was all the permission she needed. The pair practically fell into each others arms and kissed the most passionate ridden kiss they have ever had. The audience of family and friends erupted into a cheer of happiness and joy as the newly wed couple shared the kiss that would signify the beginning of a new chapter or for us, the Happily Ever After...

A/N: And that wraps it all up! Thank you all so, so much for reading the story and voting on it. I've learned a lot about writing with this book and I hope I can improve my writing through stuff like this.

However, before Leclerc, there was Verstappen; keep a look out👀