6 - Amor

"Amor!" A voice yelled. "Get up!"

The figure on the bed didn't move, apparently still in the clutches of slumber.

"You're going to be late," the voice cajoled and started to tug onto the blanket Amor had cocooned himself in. "I can't believe you're still in bed. I trusted you."

If Amor wasn't asleep, he would had resisted the urge to roll his eyes.

"And what's this I hear about a little midnight adventure you had? If you can leave your bed so easily at 2 am why can't you do it now?"

Ade sighed once she realised she wasn't going to get a response from the obstinate young man. She gripped on the duvet tighter and pulled it off Amor in one swift movement, causing the man to swear and grumble.

"Go away!" He growled and hid his face in his pillows. It was one of those mornings where his personal trainer or tutors – thank goodness weren't coming and Ade decided to spend the night in her own home. The two events were usually mutually exclusive, so he did what anyone would do in the situation and sleep in.

Besides, he had always disappointed her, he would argue that was the bedrock of their relationship, so he didn't know why she continued to have faith in him. Especially when it came to waking up in the morning, he would never do that willingly.

"There's no point in grovelling, you've got to get up. You've got a busy day ahead of you..."

Ade continued to drone on and all Amor could think was not today. Not today, after hearing Mira unintentionally unload everything on to him. His heart shook when he remembered the way her voice broke and how she suppressed her cries. He didn't want to tell her that it was him but he had to. He was grateful he didn't see the colour drain from her face like he knew it would and he could only imagine what had happened to her phone.

He couldn't sleep after that, instead he was plagued of their memories, of the good times before any of this happened and then their breakup. But he couldn't pretend he hadn't been thinking of her still for the past three years, even if they were just teenagers in love.

Then there was his night-time excursion, her pleading voice on the phone was enough for Amor to change until he was decent and then teleport to the shabby building where she and her family had once lived. But then he remembered that they had changed residence. As he looked at it, he remembered the times he had been welcomed and been thankful that her family wasn't as crazy as she was. He stared at the buzzer, he wondered that if this was the right place what would happen if he pressed it?

He had to be out of his mind to come here in the middle of the night. What could he even do anyway? Even when he was a part of her life, she didn't want him to help. He then left after that and returned home and to his bed without stripping out of his clothes and didn't sleep until the early hours of the day.

He looked up at Ade who was still talking about today's agenda and then felt his phone buzz from his bedside table.

He made no move to pick it up, earning a grumble from Ade who picked it up for him.

"Good morning Mr Navarro."

Amor turned his face back to his pillows and resisted the urge to scream. He didn't know how he could get out today's plans.

"Amor your father would like to speak to you," Ade said after a few minutes of conversing. Amor didn't move. "Amor." He still didn't move.

Feeling tired already, Ade leaned forward and pressed the phone next to Amor's ear. It was only then did Amor turn over. He grabbed the phone and glowered at Ade who was sporting her 'what did you expect' look.