2 - Amor

He had woken up at 6 am that morning – not by choice, but by a familiar and becoming-a-very-annoying voice that was paid to do so. Begrudgingly, he got out of bed and even though it was the same pattern every day, his biological clock hadn't adjusted yet. While he practically rolled in and out his closet to get ready, Ade nattered on endlessly telling him what he had in store for the day – which wasn't that different to any other day so he always wondered why she bothered in the first place.

Amor had barely orientated himself before his personal trainer came. He always wondered how much his parents paid the man who relentlessly (and unsuccessfully) motivated him nearly every morning, especially as he had even less of a will to live at the ass crack of dawn.

After an hour of pretending he cared of having a fit and healthy body, Amor had breakfast and then had his daily conversation with his dad on the phone. It was always so one-sided that Amor didn't know why he never bothered sending an email instead.

Then next on Amor's exciting agenda was private tutoring, specifically because his second academic year at university had ended and his parents didn't want him to become idler than he already was. Also, not only did they want him to know and excel with what he learned in class, but they wanted him to be informed in a variety of subjects.

After an invigorating few hours, it was private study time and Amor wished for nothing more than his bed. But instead, he was in front of his textbooks, thinking that if he had it his way, he wouldn't give them a first look forget a second glance.

He knew more than he cared to know about the downfall of the economy twenty years ago, in fairness it probably could have been some interesting night time reading if you're about that life but today, or rather any day, Amor wasn't, and that's when Amor found himself flicking his index finger up and down again and seeing his pen gently rise and fall in front of him.

He didn't even think about the energie that coursed through him from his heart stone that flowed to the pen and controlled its movements. He looked at it, forgetting that he was flexing his finger before deciding to give his finger and pen a rest.

He wasn't that surprised when he heard his phone vibrate next, he knew it was that time again. A time where it was typical of him to stop studying and do something that was a lot more worthwhile.

He ignored it even though it got more persistent, ruining this train of thought even though he wasn't really thinking about anything. He looked back at the textbook willing with himself to try to read at least a few sentences, so he felt justified about ignoring the contraption.

Not that it really mattered anyway because his phone silenced, but only for a short time. The person who had left him there in the first place returned with a reproving look on her face.

"Oh, you didn't disappear this time," Ade said, her voice was painted in the perfect shade of surprise as she entered the office without knocking.

Amor didn't say anything, giving her the same treatment that he gave the phone. He had originally planned to disappear but then figured that today he didn't want to get lectured by the tall, stringent woman.

"Why do you never pick up the phone?" Ade asked, evidently displeased. Amor knew better than to look up at her expression. "What's the point of having one if you don't use it properly?"

Ade sighed, and moved over to his desk. "You know what time it is," she said. "Did you manage to get much done?" She then paused, seeing the blank notepad next to his textbook and got the answers for herself. She gave an unimpressed tsk.

Amor rolled his eyes. Feeling Ade's unforgiving gaze bore into him, Amor felt himself concentrate harder on the first sentence of the page he was reading.