Chapter 60 Argue & Informed

Start from the beginning

"Well..... There aren't that many of us.... But we try to catch as many incidents as we can....! We dissolve the unfair fights we see.... And that sets an example for the rest of the school." Remi states.

"'Example'? You are fucking blind! You guys are the ones who starts the fights!" John shouts.

Blyke and Isen were trying to listen in. Two hands grab them by the shoulders. Blyke and Isen turn around and pale. Zane and Lex were glaring at them.

'Oh shit!' Blyke and Isen think.

"So. You two mind explaining why you are here?" Zane asks.

"Well...... Remi and John are having a private conversation." Isen says.

"She's wasting her breath. But this could be a good thing for her. It's about time she realized the truth." Zane says.

"What truth? That John goes-!" Zane grabs Blyke in the face to shut him up.

"What John does is nothing any of you idiots done. He just doing the same things everyone in this school does." Zane states.

".......??" Remi looked surprised.

"Zeke is an elite.... Yet, he beat my ass as a welcome gift for moving in. And those two dumbasses outside.... Broke my wrist.... Shot a beam in my head! Oh and let's not forget Arlo....!" John shouts. "Dragged me out and ambushed me.... Just for trying to befriend him!"

"......." Remi looked nervous and surprised. "W-What?"

John lifts his shirt. "In all the time I've spent here..... There's hardly been a day where I haven't been injured. This is the fucking example you set for everyone!"

"........" "I-I wasn't aware all this was happening. Sorry you had to go through this...." Remi says.

"Sorry, my ass. You're apologetic now that your reputation is on the line..... But you don't actually care. I'm sure Zari kept telling you. And so did Zane when the twins first came here. How useless. You 'respected' high-rankers, are the reason why everyone jumps at the opportunity to torture one another! Because all you do is boast about your strength.... and belittle the people below you. You deserve to lose every bit of credibility you have!" John says.

"....." Remi frowns. 'Back in Branish... The people were deserted by the authorities...'

"We're just a cluster of low-tiers. The authorities wouldn't waste their resources on weaklings like us. We've self-governed for years now." the woman says.

'And as a result, they were forced to fend for themselves. Because the authorities never tended to them.... They must've felt a deep resentment. That's why when I went to save those hostages.... They were reluctant to accept help. Neglect caused distrust. But when Zane showed his LA HQ ID to the people. They felt a little better. As they knew what kind of people they were. I saw in their eyes. I hadn't realized that the situation at Wellston is exactly the same. Zane and Zari were right. I've been acting exactly as the authorities here... Only focusing on immediate problems and ignoring everything else. Low-tiers were suffering right in front of me... And I completely overlooked it. John is so vengeful... Because of all the pain he's had to endure. When I first entered Wellston.... I wanted to be like Rei, and make the school safe for everyone. But it seems I've failed. This is so much violence going on behind the scenes.... And it breeds even more violence. This cycle needs to end." Remi thinks. "......" "I lost focus lately because I've had some personal issue to deal with... But believe me when I say that I really do care."

"....."

"Now that this been brought to my attention... I know what I need to do. Moving forward, I'll put all my energy into fixing this imbalance." Remi adds.