Izzie looked at Derek. "Ok, the muesli thing, you do. The last seven days, at least."

Mackenzie nodded. "They're right, Papa. You're a muesli guy."

Derek sighed. "Oh, come on. I haven't been here for a whole week. Have I?"

"Whole seven days. This is an upgrade from the trailer." Mackenzie notes.

"See? Even they think it's weird." Meredith input.

Derek and Meredith smile at each other and Mackenzie smirks from her seat.

"I'm a total MerDer shipper."

/ / /

Derek and Mackenzie walked into an exam room where Burke was waiting for them.

Burke showed them a smile. "Ahh. Good morning, Shepherds. How are you feeling today, Mackenzie?"

Mackenzie gave Burke a smile as she sat on the examination chair. "I'm feeling great. Really great. I'm taking my steroids every day, I'm getting plenty of rest, my lung function is normal... so can I please start doing physical activities, Dr. Burke? I've been a couch potato all week, and it sucks. I need to at least walk around some and get some energy."

Burke chuckled and Derek looked a little sheepish. "Of course you can perform physical activities, Mackenzie. Just make sure you don't overdo it, okay?"

"Deal. Now... what are some signs that I'm going to have to look for when my asthma gets inflamed? Other than... shortness of breath, I mean." Mackenzie said.

"Check the beds of your fingernails. If they're pink, that means they're normal. If they're a bluish color, that's when you should start taking your medication. It means that your lungs aren't supporting enough oxygen into your body. Checking your fingernails is a great way to prevent an asthma attack from ever happening." Burke explained.

Mackenzie nodded, seeing as the information was already stored in her brain.

"What about her medication?" Derek asked.

Burke pulled out a box. Inside of the box was a dark gray handheld machine with a clear tube sticking out of it. On top of the machine was a clear mask... that looked like the face of a fish. Below the machine was a box labeled 'Albuterol Sulfate.'

"This is your albuterol sulfate inhalation nebulizer. The box below the machine contains your albuterol sulfate drips. This is for you to use when you're still having shortness of breath or chest pains after you've used your inhaler. You put the albuterol sulfate into the nebulizer, connect the nebulizer to the machine with the tube, put the mask on, turn the machine on, and you'll inhale the albuterol sulfate through the mask. This is to be used only when necessary." Burke explained.

Mackenzie nodded as Burke pulled out a smaller box.

"This contains your Ventolin HFA inhaler. You have approximately 120 doses on this. You will have to carry this around with you during the winter and the spring — those are the worst seasons for asthma attacks and inflammations. This is to be used intermittently if you're at home or not. I recommend two puffs for the lowest dosage, and four puffs for the highest dosage. This little inhaler will most likely be a life saver for you. Always know where it is and keep a track of your remaining doses." Burke explained.

Mackenzie put the inhaler box in her purse as soon as he finished telling her what she needed to do with it.

Burke pulled out a box similar to the size of her Ventolin inhaler.

"This is your FloVent HFA inhaler. You have approximately 120 doses in this one as well. You have to take this before bed each night. Two puffs is enough. If your asthma is flared or inflamed, you should take two puffs in the morning and then two puffs at night. I would recommend taking your Ventolin before your FloVent when your asthma is inflamed; the Ventolin inhaler will help open your airways a bit so that the medicine in the FloVent can circulate through your lungs. Do either of you have any questions?"