2012

Karlie Kloss had an expectation of what life as 20 year old model would be but that was not often the case.  Karlie's best friend, Pia, had recently met someone who in Pia's word was the complete opposite of what the world would expect. His name is Josh Kushner and he was 27 year old 'titan of industry' type who was not interested in fashion. Pia had met a friend of his and was invited to a dinner party.  Pia said  to Karlie the day that they met. "I ended up sitting next to Josh. He was shy and quiet  but eventually we just started talking and laughing. The conversation became focused between the two of them was so enthralling that We did not even notice that the table had left. At the end of the night, they walked about six block before actually leaving eachother. In the next couple of days, Josh had gotten her phone call from his friend and arranged to meet up." 

Karlie had mixed feelings about the whole calling someone's to actually arrange a meeting with Pia but then she saw how excited Pia was to go on this date. That night Pia and Karlie sat in their apartment with a pile of clothes on the floor in outfits. 

"I want something cute and fun but shows of my body a little."  Pia said to Karlie. 

"But not too much." Karlie said simply. 

A couple of hours later, Pia and Josh went on the first of many dates. 

A couple of weeks later, Pia had arranged to go to the Hamptons because Josh went there to relax and she wanted a more mutual ground for Karlie to be introduced to Josh. 

Karlie admitted that Pia was right about him being shy but you could tell he was smart. It just took him a few moments to actually tell you it.