Ashley had started for the back halls but she was stopped by Marco coming out of his office, a pleasant smile pictured on his face as he put his fluffy hair up in a big bun. "Ashley. Gabriel had said you need these for him! I got everyone's folders for you to take up."

"Oh! Thank you Marco, that is really helpful."

"Are you almost done?"

"I think so, everyone is gone. I'm gonna run these up to Gabriel and then leave if you all don't need anything."

"No, we are all good. Get some rest girl."

"I will, trust me." taking the folders from Marco and running to the back and up the stairs to Gabriels office, she barely knocked on the door before letting herself in, setting the folders on his desk with a small smile as he looked at her with a small shocked expression.

"Here. Everyone's....things from today." Out of breath, Ashley huffed out her words as she leaned on the wooden desk.

"Thank you."

"Do you need anything else?" Ashley asked, rubbing her arm as she looked at Gabriel with tired eyes.

"What did Leah say to you Ashley?"

"What?"

Her full attention went to Gabriel as he spoke again, "What did Leah tell you."

"Nothing much, just said she was a friend of yours and asked my name." It wasn't a lie, it just wasn't the full truth Ashley thought as she watched his face turn from straight to a frown and bored eyes.

"Ashley, I am not a deaf person. What did she tell you?"

"If you aren't deaf then why are you asking?" Standing up and walking around the desk, Ashley took a step back as she apologized for the comment almost instantly, "I'm sorry, that was rude. She didn't say anything Gabriel!" starting to freak out in her head at what she had just said, Ashley looked down and stuttered over her words.

For a moment he only started her down, making Ashley feel inferior to him, almost scared of him making Gabriel think of John for a moment. Her gaze went down again as he got closer to her.

Though she hadn't truly seen him upset, she knew that he was a person of control, and lying isn't a thing he appreciated. He wanted the whole truth right away, not to deal with someone who barely wanted to talk.

"Ashley, did she threaten you?" He asked calmly, softly even after her comment, his arms crossed against his chest as he stayed a small distance from Ashley. He saw the nerves run through her when she backed away and apologized.

He knew that he needed to step back, to not make her feel awful. Somehow, he knew with her he needed to stop and not scare her.

"No. Why would she?"

"I am just making sure. Are you feeling alright?"

"I just need sleep. I should get going-" A knock on the door interrupted them before Jack walked in with pink cheeks and a smile. He had only poked his head inside the door before looking at Gabriel.

"What Jack?"

"I j-just wanted to tell you that uh, Billy had to leave because his wife went into labor...." Jack waited as Gabriel ran a hand through his hair and nodded with a sigh, sending Jack out the door.

"Well that's... good?"

"Yeah, you can leave now."

"O-Okay...are you sure you don't need-"

"No, but I will need you tomorrow to get Billy's replacement up to date with his clients." Gabriel stated as Jack had started to close the door, leaving Ashley and Gabriel back to a discussion that was pushed away now.