11

Erens POV-

"They're back!" I heard a townsfolk shout, getting the attention of everyone near by.

We slowly rode on our horses past the crowd of cheering people into our base.

"Alright, put your horses in the stables, people," levi said lazily, walking up into the building.

I still couldn't believe we did it, we managed to defeat 2 titan shifters, and stole one of their powers.

Then, I remembered that screech, what was that? It didn't affect the scouts, but paralyzed the titans in pain.

My train of thought was stopped by hanji oatting my back, "eren, your ability that you used out there, we are gonna do a few experiments on the, okay?" She said, I reluctantly agreed.

I just realized how exhausted I was, all that fighting really fatigued my body. "Alright, I'm gonna head to bed now," I said, walking back to my room.

"Make sure you wake up for the commemoration ceremony tomorrow," I heard someone yell. I got to my room and took all my gear off. I flopped on my bed with only 1 thought in mind, I need to see historia.

Morning came, and I felt something weighing on my chest. I opened my eyes to see Armin sitting on me. "Finaly, your awake! Come on, we are gonna be late," he said, grabbing my hand and pulling me out of bed.

"Wear this," he gave me some fancy, clean clothes, and left the room.

*time skip to ceremony*

I walked into the room to see noblemen and scouts talking about what not.

I go up to Armin "hey, when is it starting?" I asked, looking around the room. "Now," he said, gesturing me to follow him to the seats.

We sat down and watched as the queen appeared on stage, ready to give a speech,

"Ladies and gentlemen, only a mere 1 week ago, our operation to eradicate the titans off of our island had become a success. In doing so, the squad encountered the titan shifters that a few months ago killed all but 9 scouts. 2 out of 3 titan shifters were defeated, and one was eaten by Jean. He now possesses the armoured titan. Today marks an ageless day in our history books, a day of victory!" Everyone stood up and clapped immensely, what can I say.

Historia is good with words.

All of the scouts who were on the mission were asked to come up on stage. We all kneeled down before our queen. One by one, we were given medals of honor for our bravery.

Historia then got to me, she whispered into my ear, "be in your room by dark," and then moved onto the next person.

I smiled to myself, it's been quite a while since I got to talk with her, to kiss her. After the last of the scouts were commemorated, the ceremony ended shortly after.

We, of course, drank to celebrate, "cheers to eldia!" Jean said holding his beer up. "Cheers," we all chugged our drinks, slamming them on the table afterwards.

"Wow, this stuff is good!" Hanji said, looking at what was left of hers.

I looked around, and felt happy. I saw our comrades smiling, eating. Laughing.

We had gone through so much, and for maybe the first time ever, it was paying off. I mean, I got to see a drunk levi, a sight to behold. I looked outside and saw the sun slowly setting in the far distance.

"Alright, I'll see you all tomorrow, we will have to talk about setting up villages outside the walls," I said, and I couldn't even believe I was right. We were going to start living outside of the walls for the first time in a century. I waved everyone goodbye. I was headed for my room....