"no. if anyone stays it's gonna be me." daryl stopped them.

     rosaline's eyes widened, "daryl?"

     the marksman didn't respond at first, only turned to them, "go. hell, i'll probably beat you back. go!"

     she couldn't just let him go alone? if there were four of them they could split up evenly. it was too dark and there were too many walkers.

     the brunette caught his arm as he went to walk away, "i'm going with you." rosaline muttered, "i'm not letting you go alone. them two can do just fine."

     a conflicted expression settled upon daryl's face. he seemed uneasy, but he was thinking whether it was safe to let her on her own, especially since at any point she could feel ill again. he was no fool.

     "fine." he huffed, "come on, dogs! come."

     the pair raced off in the other direction, rosaline gazed around the area, "how are we gonna do this?"

     "fireworks. i got some in my bag. we need to set them down, light 'em up then hide." daryl explained, shouldering his bag off of his back, "you get up on that box, i'll help ya. be careful."

     "me? be careful?" she asked, sarcastically.

     he grunted, pushing her atop of the big crate box. he'd passed her the bag and then pulled himself up with some help, laying flat on top with rosa.

    "all right let's get 'em." the marksman murmured, his lighter clicking as he set the string on fire and chucked it on the road.

     within a few seconds, the firecrackers started popping and cracking, releasing shining lights. the dogs barked at the walkers below, creating loud noise in order to attract the roamers.

     "good, come on." rosaline praised them, patting the side of the crate.

     suddenly, daryl noticed something that completely shocked him. the walkers were not following the sources of light and noise - what usually dragged them over.

     he hushed the canines, sparing rosaline a concerned look. the walkers kept growling and snarling like they usually did but none came.

     "dare, they're not coming. why?" she asked desperately, "they're gonna go straight to them."

     "the hell?" he grumbled, climbing down and offering her a helping hand.

     "we gotta go." rosaline said with haste, following the direction that aaron and jesus had dragged eugene off to. the dogs were following along in a canter.

     daryl took his crossbow into his hands, "you stay right next to me, you got that?"

     "as clear as day."

     rheagar and horizon had led them through to a graveyard, a maze of walls leading them through. thank god their scenes were still fresh; the mist made everything impossible to see and even worse to navigate through.

     although, the worst was yet to come. as they exited, they could see jesus slaying walkers left and right - until the last one. it dodged his hit, grabbed him from the behind, and slipped a knife through his chest, twisting and delivering a killing blow.

     rosaline immediately took out her bow, pulling the string back and releasing, daryl doing the same. both of their arrows pierced the 'walker's brain killing it while michonne and a group of strangers helped them.

     daryl pulled his own arrow out along with rosa's passing it to her. aaron had already fallen beside jesus on the cold floor, tears spilling out of his eyes.