Chapter Nine- and Then you Flew...

"SONIC!?!" You shouted. You saw him chatting with the little fox till he looked at you, his face showed a surprise expression which soon turned to a expression of relief. He rushed by you and have you an embrace, you weren't expecting you.

"(Y/N)! Thank goodness your alright! I thought Egghead took you for ransom!" Sonic said in his embrace. You stood there awkwardly, trying to find a solution from the kitsune fox, who just shrugged his shoulder. The truth is, well...he wasn't really embracing you, its more of him launching onto you to be able to hug you. For some good long minutes, the hug continued till Amy rudely disturb the silence.

"AHEM!!" Amy said while coughing to grab you and Sonic's attention. Sonic heard the voice and quickly let you go, he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly with a blush forming in his muzzle. Amy tapped her foot and angrily stomped her foot in Sonic, who started jumping around. Amy growled at him as you laughed at the scene.

Amy told Sonic angrily, "you idiot! I was looking everywhere for you, when I found you leaving (Y/N)!! So I took her to Tails, don't you have any manners to any girl!" Amy shouted as her form began to shake viciously. You slightly shuddered and backed away slowly, Sonic looked down in embaressment but the truth was, he was shocked Amy defended you instead of yelling at him about dating other girls. It really brought shockness in his state. As Amy gave Sonic a lecture, you walked over to Tails, who was watching the scene closely.

You told Tails, "remind me to not get on Amy's bad side.."

Tails stared at you and laughed a bit, "yeah! She can be really aggressive at times."

As you two continued to watch Amy lecture Sonic about the proper way to treat a girl. Sonic mumbled a few word which you couldn't catch, but boy, did Amy heard! She growled and took out a red and yellow hammer, you stared in shock as Sonic got pounded hardly on the head as he hissed in pain. You and Tails laughed it off and the four of you headed back into Tails workshop.

Tails and Sonic began to chat with each other as you walked over to Amy, who seem to have calmed down. She looks more happier now and you didn't like the silence so, you picked up an conversation.

you asked her, "so hey...what's with the hammer?"

Amy turned her gaze to you and smiled, "oh! You mean my piko-piko hammer?"

"So that's what its called! How did you even fit it in your pocket?" You asked curiously.

She replied, "I don't fit it in my pocket! I summon it, I can summon thousands of hammers." She summoned one and twirled it in her hands. You stared in amazement.

You were about to complement when you got cut off by Sonic, "(Y/N), Tails said get ready to head to Angel island." Sonic said as he tried to not look at the icy glare Amy was giving him.

You smiled, "alright!"

Amy turned to you, "hey (Y/N), I'll prepare myself for awhile, see ya!" Said Amy as she walked away giving Sonic the last glare for the time. Sonic shuddered as you giggled at his reaction.

You asked, "so, would you please explain to me why you left me alone at the docks?" You poked him which made him sided away from you.

He rubbed his head, the spot where he got hit, and blushed a bit, "yeah, sorry about that. I just didn't want Amy to glomp me like she usually does."

You shook your head, "what's wrong with Amy, she's great!" You told him as he scrunched his nose.

"Well, she is a good friend, but I wasn't really looking forward to her everyday chase, hugs, and shouts of 'will you marry me?' " he said as he kicked the floor.

You chuckled, "well, if you really felt that way, you should tell her kindly. Actually she wants to talk to you like a normal friend but you keep on running away..." you said softly. Sonic's head shot up when the word 'normal friends' came out of your mouth, he felt guilty for the way he treated Amy. You saw his outlook, your curious mind wanted to ask other questions, "why don't you see her that way? I mean she's not that bad..and she really loves you, what's wrong with her?" You asked.

Sonic looked at you and replied seriously, "I like her as a friend, but I don't have those feeling for her. And I have feelings for someone else...." sonic seriousness turned to nervously has he said the last sentence.

You cocked an eyebrow, "who?" You said as curiosity got the best of you.

Sonic face flushed and he grinned playfully, "its a secret." Sonic said as he walked away from you leaving you filled with confusion.

                                         ~o~o~

You, Sonic, Amy and Tails were getting ready to head to Angel island. You had a backpack with you, bringing all your important belongings for emergencies. Tails told everyone to meet him at the garage, you wondered what he was planning.

You trudged into the garage where the others were waiting for you patiently. You asked, "what's all this about? I thought you wanted to go to the floating island."

Tails smiled at you, he replied you, "well, we can't just go to Angel island, its floating up in the sky. So we gotta join it!"

You still didn't get it...I mean, what does he mean by 'join it'? Amy caught your face and answered simply, "he said we are going to fly to Angel island."

You said, "ohh" as Sonic laughed at you. You and the gang walked deeper into Tails scientific lab, you walked along till Tails stop at a plane. Tails turned to you and told you, "this is the X tornado! We fly in it all the time, either if its a battle crisis or a simple journey!" He said overly excited. You patted his head and stared at the plane in awe. The group and you got on the plane, with Tails driving, sonic sitting on the wing, and Amy and you at the back seat.

Tails turned on the plane, started it up and was ready for take off. You held on the bars of the plane, trembling. Well, this is your first time on a plane with a 10-year-old pilot. This could get scary, but you were ready! For the sake of your parents! The plane slowly rushed on the road and began to get off of the ground. You were flying! But you soon realized that your in a freaking garage!!! How are you gonna fly out! You prayed hoping you'd make it out alive, what you didn't realize was Tails got this under control. He pressed a button and the garage opened a door and you guys flew out into the sky. You held you eyes close, to afraid to see, Amy shouted over to you so you could hear her, "(Y/N)!!! Its alright! You can open your eyes now!!"

You opened your eyes slowly, and saw the wonderful view on the earthly ground. You looked at the view in amazement. You all flew to Angel island, to find someone guarding the gigantic emerald.