Arc 1 Chapter 1: The Underworld Boss

Start from the beginning

Yes he was skeptical that such damage could really be fixed.

System 0: "Host doesn't need to worry about that, with a "little" bit of points this system can become a powerful force that can easily heal such wounds."

Chen Yanyan trembled. "I can really... I can really live again..."

System 0: "Host is correct."

Chen Yanyan: "So what do I need to do in order to gain these so-called points? What's my job?"

System 0: "There is a specific target in this world that you need to interact with. Your role is to make the target's feelings of hate turn to 100% love. If you can do that then you will be able to leave this world with points to revive yourself."

Chen Yanyan grew more surprised as he listened, he never expected his mission to be something like this.

Make someone fall in love...?

He had never had time for a date, let alone fallen in love with someone in his original world. He had no experience in this field, why of all things was this his task??

Chen Yanyan dryly spoke. "The target... what's her name?"

The system suddenly paused for a moment before quickly turning away and laughing loudly.

Chen Yanyan: "What is it..."

System 0: "Hahah, *Ehem, Sorry I just seem to have a ba-bad hahah, cough *Ehem ."

Chen Yanyan: 'Then why does it sound exactly like a laugh!'

Chen Yanyan began to feel like this system was not as helpful as it first appeared. Still he patiently waited until the cheeky thing was done "coughing."

System 0: "I am glad host is eager to learn about the target, his name is Diyu."

"...."

Everything turned deathly silent for a moment.

Chen Yanyan was still before it was his turn to laugh. "Haha I see system has a dark sense of humor, to even go so far as to joke about the target being a man-"

System 0: "I have no reason to joke, I could always switch your body into that of a female if you like."

Chen Yanyan turned deathly stiff and scared.

System 0: "Haha you laugh when I'm serious but stay silent when I joke? Host is strange."

Chen Yanyan began to curse under his breath, it was this damned system that was strange!

Still he quickly calmed his anger as he politely smiled. "System 0, I'm not bent (AN: Meaning gay) nor do I intend to be, I think it would be wise to switch me over to another task-"

System 0: "Need I remind you, you already agreed to the contract and that's the only way to succeed in this world's mission and go home. Just consider it like a job."

What kind of job required one to make someone fall in love with them!?

Still Chen Yanyan once again calmed himself as he clenched his fists. "If I have to pursue a man... will I also have to... "do the deed?"

He had to know!

The system loudly scoffed at his remark. "What are you, some pure hearted maiden? If you truly desire to live then you shouldn't worry about the small details."

This time the system wasn't wrong, if Chen Yanyan truly wanted to live then he should be willing to risk anything and everything. He had already decided to go to hell and back if needed, compared to such a trivial thing he shouldn't even be worried.

Still, such a "thing" wasn't a simple task...

To ease the host's mind, the System gave a plain answer. "Doing the deed or not, it simply depends on you host."

This gave Chen Yanyan a little relief, at least he wouldn't be forced to bed a man. 

Chen Yanyan rubbed his tired eyes as he thought about having to make a man who disliked him fall in love.

His thoughts turned to Shang Xin who's hatred ran so deep that one of his subordinates even sought to kill him.

If this man also hated him so deeply then it wouldn't be easy but even then he simply had to make him bend, bend so far he'd be bending underneath him!

Chen Yanyan: "Hahaha!"

It was now the System's turn to wonder just what kind of strange host it had been paired up with.

Chen Yanyan calmed himself, he remembered the horrible pain he had felt before, the anger in his heart from being targeted, and the feeling of revenge surge up. He had already sworn to live, so he wouldn't simply give up.

"I will definitely live!" Chen Yanyan whispered under his breath.

He wouldn't worry about the morality of the situation he didn't have time to, he could only look forward and survive, it was a scum mentality but it's the only mentality Chen Yanyan could afford at death's door.

As Chen Yanyan gained more awareness he could finally lift his head and look at his surroundings, like he already suspected he was in a hospital bed.

What's more both of his legs were in casts, presumably both broken while his right hand was handcuffed to the bed!

Seeing this Chen Yanyan suddenly felt a faint sense of alarm, just who was he in this new world?

 Why was he chained to the bed!?

Chen Yanyan: "What's going on, am I wanted by the police!?"

System: "No."

Chen Yanyan's face filled with relief. "Good-"

System: "You're wanted by the mafia."

Chen Yanyan: "THAT'S WORSE!"

Desert Note: Today will be a double release. I will release the next chapter in a few hours so be on the lookout!