" You're a mess, what happened to you? " Quackity asked quietly, his voice so little that I failed to get it the first time.

" I don't know either. " I answered while watching him wrap fresh bandages around deep, long lines from all sides of both arms. I immediately stopped his hand to inspect the wound that I thought were just scars from before, when now it was bleeding after being re-opened. My eyes caught his Adam's apple moving up and down, swallowing thickly.

" Why is this bleeding? " I asked as I touched most of it, causing the blood to stain my pale hands. Not only did it surprise me, but confused me as well as I didn't even feel any of it before now.

Is it the reason why Schlatt was in a hurry a while ago?

" You're wasting blood. " Quackity wrapped his fingers around my arm gently and started continuing to wrap the bandages over the deep, bleeding wounds.

" I never knew I had more scars, fresh even... " I mumbled lowly, as my eyes followed each lines of the wound that most of it ended up on my shoulders. By the end of it, most of the skin on my arms were almost non-existent. I planned to stand up, when my knees bumped in to Quackity, who I expected to leave me immediately as we both never took the time to acknowledge each other, unless under orders from Schlatt.

" He's fooling you. "

I frowned. " Who is? "

His hand tightened around my wrist before falling down to my palm in order to pull me closer. By the corner of my eye, I saw him move closer to my ear.

" He's the cause of your scars, and you still chose to stand by his side. "

" I don't get you, Quackity. " I responded and attempted to move away, when I felt his hand tug on my arm, locking me in place.

" Do you really choose Manburg, " He started, feeling his breath brushing against my ear, sending shivers all over my body. I didn't like the sound of his voice, neither his words. " -over your family? "

I looked down, my breath hitched. " Family...? " I couldn't get it, the only man I knew as close to a family was Schlatt. After all, I knew no one but him.

All of a sudden, my head started to beat along with my heart, making ringing sounds go through an ear to the other. My body flinched at the ear-piercing sound as I close my eyes in attempt to ignore it, both the pain in my head and the sounds. The longer the second, the more it worsened, turning in to muffled sounds of voices, but none of it was clear enough to understand. I clenched my jaw and re-opened my eyes to a sight of a blurry room. My free hand made it's way to my eyes, feeling the salty liquid running down my cheeks.

" W-What? " I pulled away and stared down at my hands, watching each tear from my eyes dropping down on my palms. My face held a visible confusion, as I grew confused to why I felt the way I am now. I couldn't bare the heavinesss of my heart, causing the tears to spill even more. I pulled my head up and stared at Quackity with teary eyes.

Instead of seeing his emotionless face that he always wore whenever him and I were the only ones inside a room, his eyes finally lit up in emotions, but it wasn't what I was expecting. There was, sorrow, anger and mostly..guilt. why?

" He is not your family, this is not the place you should even call home...it's way far from it! " Quackity suddenly raised his voice and glared deeply in to my eyes. " Go back, find them- escape, don't be as foolish as me, Sam. " With our hands still connected, he tightened his hold on it, as if trying to wake me up.

I still couldn't understand him, but my tears worsened along with the painful pang in my heart. He must've seen the look on my face, making him groan out in frustration. My eyes remained fixated on the guy as I continued to listen to his low mumbles.

" Why can't you just remember..?! " He whispered loudly. It was obvious he was now letting his guilt and anger mix, which wasn't the best idea to anyone.

" Remember? " I asked while blankly staring at the floor.

" ...book. " He said, and I looked up. The look on his face was obvious that something dawned on him, something that seemed good enough to wash the bad things away in his head and apply a relieved smile on his face. He stood up and walked towards a room, opening it before slightly closing the door. I heard shuffled sounds, obvious that he was searching for something from inside.

At last, Quackity exited the room and walked towards me, carrying a small book in his hands before crouching in front of me as I look down at him. My eyes followed the book, the tears stopped as I couldn't help but touch it.

I stared at it, reading the words in a whisper- " L'manburg. "

_____________________

so what do you guys think? will she be able to read it and finally remember? ah im honestly so exited about this! i can't wait to show you all the next chapter(s)

btw this chapter might be a little confusing for some but dont worry, i planned to explain everything on the next chapter!

and if you couldn't tell, i went for a tangled type of vibe lmao and i absolutely adore that movie so if you did watch that (Big L for those who didn't) you'd probably know where i am going here.