4

AUTHORS NOTE: Hey guys! If you like this so far, do feel free to vote! Enjoy the story!

I get up early in the morning to shower myself. I do my hair in a tight bun and have a quick talk to myself in the mirror.

You can do this. You will show him you are worthy.

We all have breakfast and a short break. We are then all aligned in our order, ready for training. I'm standing next to this girl: black short hair, big eyes and always seems to be staring at this other boy, Eren. Are they siblings??

We begin pairing up, but Sasha has already paired up with Connie.

Great, I'm all alone. The one exercise we need partners, I'm actually alone.

I walk myself over to the nearest dummy, preparing my stance. I shuffle my feet to position and make light jumps, moving back and fourth, side to side, imagining it was an opponent. I ready my fists to my face and throw a punch.

'Tch.' I hear a familiar voice say.

I hear it from a distance, but I'm pretty sure I can guess who it is now. There's only one man who makes that sound.

'Tuck your thumb in.' He murmured. I turn my head and nod. I prepare myself, getting back into the position and I tuck my thumb in. I throw in another punch.

'Tch.' He says again. 'Use your back leg to step into the punch. You are using it, but you need to spring off it.'

I look away from him and start doing what he says. I notice the difference in power.

'Tch.' He says again. 'Your fist isn't straight. You could break your wrist with that alignment.'

He proceeds to demonstrate what it should look like with his hands. I focus my eyes to absorb his advice. I copy him and throw another punch.

I look back at him and see his eyes roll. He steps infront of me. He leans in toward me, his nose a few inches away from mine. He leans backward.

'Punch me.' He says. Taken aback, I don't respond. What is he saying? I can't punch him. Is this another way of him wanting to punish me? Is he making me look for trouble??

'Punch me.' He says again. 'I hate repeating myself. Don't make me repeat myself.' He readies his stance, putting his left foot forward and his fists close to his face. I feel a little fear run though me, as I see his knuckle bruised on his left hand. He must do this all the time. Is he taking his anger out on me?

I nod and get into position. I swing my right fist to his face. He blocks me with his hand, not moving at all. His face remains expressionless and constant.

'That was weak.' He says. 'Use the methods I told you. Don't stop because I'm your Captain. Punch me. For real.'

I shake my head in preparation and throw a punch at him. His hand doesn't move.

'Hmmm?!' Levi tilts his head in disappointment. 'How the hell did you get on this squad?? Sheer luck? Did you enter a lottery? What was the numbers you got? My ticket said 257-'

I threw a punch directly to his face. He blocked me, but I moved his hand. I notice him readjust his feet. He looked at me with surprise.

'Tch.' He says. 'Do it again.'

I throw another punch at him.

'Again.' I throw another punch at him.

But this time, he doesn't block me. He dodges it and pushes my head with two of his fingers.

'I could have punched you back. He sighs.

'The problem with your punch isn't the power, but your thoughts behind it. When you throw a punch, expect to be striked back - watch the enemies movements carefully.' He says.