Kuroyaku-Soulmates!?

Soulmate au: When you sing your soulmate hears it in their head

Soulmate idea by mikxsa_c

Suggested by Nekomas-Ace

Thoughts

Its mainly going to be in Yaku's Pov

_________________________________________________________

~Kuroo~

Kuroo was grateful for his soulmate. His soulmate always seemed to know when to sing, right before a match, after a stressful practice, even before he went to sleep sometimes. After a practice match with Karasuno, the whole Nekoma team was tired out. As they made their way to the room Kuroo noticed Yaku looked a little bit down. "Hey, what's wrong?" He asked the smaller boy. Yaku looked up and replied, "Well I'm just sad we lost." "Ok," He said and walked away. Kuroo knew his singing voice was horrible, even though Akaashi disagreed with him. He already found his soulmate though, Bokuto Kotaro, Kuroo's best friend in the world. Kuroo was always jealous of them he had yet to find his soulmate. Kuroo decided to go to the bathroom and let everything out. Kuroo was not much of a singer, he liked to listen more. Today he wanted to sing. He got to the bathroom and sang, he sang his heart out he let the words flow out. The song was Count by Lottie Hartnack. Then he hears a voice in his head. His soulmate was singing! He stopped singing and listened to his soulmate. His soulmate was singing Don't give up on me by Andy Grammer. He just listened.

~Yaku~

Yaku has always loved music. His favorite activity was and still is singing. He thought it was very feminine so he never told anyone and took up volleyball so people wouldn't suspect it. When walking to the room Nekoma was staying at he was approached by Kuroo. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" Yaku not wanting him to suspect that he was sad that he couldn't sing for a while said "Well I'm just sad we lost." hoping that Kuroo would buy it. "Ok" was the response he got. Kuroo had wandered off to who knows where and Yaku just went back to the room with the rest of Nekoma. Yaku would never admit it out loud but his soulmate's voice was angelic. He knew his soulmate was a boy from his voice but he didn't think it was anyone he knew because they've had a couple of karaoke parties as a volleyball team, he never excluded the idea because there are a couple of people who never came. 

Then he hears his soulmate singing Count by Lottie Hartnack. He interrupts his soulmate by singing Don't give up on me by Andy Grammer, and he meant every last word in the song. He finished the song and then noticed his soulmate stopped singing to listen to him. Kuroo came back a couple of minutes later and Lev had asked where he was and his answer was "Wouldn't you like to know?" with a wink. Yaku internally facepalms at himself. Then Kiyoko came in and announces "Karasuno is hosting a karaoke party to see if anyone is soulmates, for some reason" she mumbled the last part. Yaku thought hmm maybe I should go. You know what I'm going to wait and see if anyone else is going first. 

"Ok, I guess I'll go" Yaku heard Lev and Kuroo say at the same time. The idiots looked at each other and laughed. "I'll go to make sure the idiots don't cause too much trouble." Yaku said pretending to sound reluctant. Once they reached the Karasuno room they realized there weren't very many people there. 

Suga, Daichi, Tanaka, Noya, Tanaka, Ennoshita, Asahi, Kageyama, and Tsukishima were there from Karasuno. Somehow they got Ushijima and Tendou from Shiratorizawa there. From Aba Josi, there was Oikawa, Iwaizumi, Yahaba, Kyoutani how the hell did they get Kyoutani here? Kunimi who looked like he was dragged here, and Kindaichi. "The first to volunteer! Lev!!!" Nishinoya announced. Lev looked a little bit scared when he went up on the stage but gave an amazing job when it came to singing. A few more people went and then all the volunteers were done and there were a lot more couples than there were earlier,