Why Do You Love Me | Chapter 1

I woke up and started to get ready for school. I ate my breakfast, brushed my teeth, took a shower, fixed my bag, and saw if I forgot to put something inside. It's still 5:45 in the morning and our school will begin at 7:00 am.

I took the bus from my apartment to school and I searched for my earphones in my bag and I started listening to music. Music makes me calm and makes me forget every thoughts and problems that I have in my mind that's why I like listening to music.

I arrived at school and entered my class. I sat down at my seat and as usual, there's vandalism on it. "Nerd" "Get lost" who? Who did this? Nevermind, as if this only happened once. I'm kinda used to it, seeing my table full of words like this.

I get my earphones and listen to music once again. This makes me forget everything for a moment, how I wish I could listen to music forever. I put my head down and I didn't notice that I suddenly fell asleep.

"Taeil shi...Taeil shi wake up, the class will start soon". Someone is calling me.

I woke up from my nap and saw Doyoung." The class will start soon, our teacher will be here soon" he said.

"Thank you," I said. Kim Doyoung is really a good person, he is also smarter than me and he is the president of our class. He's very friendly and easy to talk to unlike me.I...I wish I could be someone like him.

The teacher started to discuss our lecture and ask

"who could answer this problem".

No one raised their hands so I slowly raised my hands and said

"I-I know how to solve it"

The teacher told me to solve it on the board. I got up from my seat and slowly goes in the front. I'm shaking, I know the answer but somehow I feel nervous.

"Very good Taeil! You answered it right!" said the teacher.

I was very happy when he complimented me but then someone shouted.

"As expected of our class nerd!".

Everyone began to laugh and I couldn't do anything about it. I just want to disappear right at that moment. The teacher scolded him and I went back to my seat. I look down at my desk and I feel like I would cry anytime but I won't, Because if I did they would just start teasing me again.

Our 2nd period ended and it's break time. I usually eat alone in my sit but

"Taeil hyung!!!".

It's Haechan. He runs towards me and clings to me.

"Taeil hyung! Let's go to the cafeteria together!" he told me cheerfully.

I met Haechan during the school festival. I was not supposed to attend it but it was required for us to attend or else our teacher will deduct our grades. I was wandering around alone when he suddenly approached and talk to me. After that, he always go to my classroom and talks to me. I was happy having someone like him as a friend.

"Why are you not with Mark?" I ask.

"Who is Mark? I don't know anyone named Mark!"

He said with a pout and frown on his face.

"You two got into a fight again right?" I asked him while laughing.

He suddenly drags me and said,

"Hyung nevermind that and let's go to the cafeteria. I'm so hungry!!!"

He dragged me to the cafeteria and we ate there. While eating, the people suddenly start to murmur.