"No." Hermione fumed, "I was talking about you—" 

"Mione—" Ron tried.

"I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about," Ethaline said, her smugness showing in her faux innocent look, "Though I would set it aside as Harry has begun speaking. Harry, you were saying?" 

Everyone's eyes shifted from Ethaline's to Harry while he turned a beat red. His hands becoming clammy as he met Ethaline's dark gray eyes that gleamed a bit in amusment. "R-right." He stuttered while the twins glanced at each other. 

"You've got a little drool on your chin there, mate." Fred said as Ethaline's eyes widened, who were they referring to?

Suddenly she looked at Cho who was looking at Harry and he seemed to be looking right at her. 

Oh. 

The indescribable feeling of disappointment washed over Ethaline as she neutralized her expression and stared at the wall behind the other line before the practice continued.

Ethaline was partnered with Neville, naturally, everyone else either hated her or was scared of her. "Christ Neville you're going to blow my head off." Ethaline laughed, throwing her head back as Neville gave her a sheepish look as he put his wand down his back. 

"Sorry." 

"No it's fine—" Ethaline said as she composed herself, her face red, "Let's try again. Um...You're pronouncing it wrong. It's stew-pi-fy, not stuh-py-fy" She enunciated slowly while he said it a couple of times.

It was then she realized her partners somber mood. "What's the matter Nev?" Ethaline asked quietly, glancing around to make sure no one was nearby. From the corner of her eye she saw Harry Potter only inches away from Cho as she tried the spell out herself. 

Ethaline pressed her lips into a thin line before turning back to Neville who hung his head low. "I've just been doing some thinking...about my parents." 

Ethaline furrowed her eyebrows, "Is something the matter? We could leave now and head over to Mungo's—" 

"It's not that." He sighed but looking up and giving her a weak smile, "Thanks though. The problem is...with everything going on I keep hearing the name..." 

Ethaline's face fell as she let him go, "Bellatrix." She whispered, a cold shiver going down her spine as she adverted her gaze from his kind eyes.

"The Ministry has spoken out about the prison break—"

Ethaline's eyes widened as she looked at him, "She escaped?!" 

Neville furrowed his eyebrows, "Y-yes. Bellatrix as well as nine others escaped Azkaban. I'm surprised you didn't know—how did you not know?" 

Ethaline closed her eyes, "I've shunned all matters concerning my family, I'm sorry Neville I've been a terrible friend wallowing in my self pity but I promise you, I promise you Bellatrix won't hurt you." 

Neville nodded softly, he knew it would be impossible for her to keep her away, even she knew it, but the though the and gesture didn't go unnoticed. "I'm going to visit my parents later today, just to tell them how nervous I am about our O.W.L.S." He began.

Ethaline smiled, "I'd love to go with you." 

"Go where?" 

The two jumped back and saw Harry standing behind them, suddenly a bubble of anger formed in Ethaline as she looked him up and down. "That's none of your concern, Potter." She said quietly.