preface

══════════════

- EPIGRAPH -

she broke her own heart, holding onto him

• r.h. sin

══════════════

- SYNOPSIS -

Milana Fallaci doesn't believe in love. After the death of her mother and the heartbreak left by her ex-boyfriend, she has struggled to get herself back up on her feet. Connections of the emotion, love, is something she doesn't want to relearn and she wants to ignore the whole meaning of it as much as possible.

But when a jar of love letters mysteriously appears in her locker, and a lover from the past waltzes back into her life, her view on the emotion shifts.

Not only is she experiencing a sense of hope, but she's also hell-bent on figuring out who lies behind the poems and scribbled writing.

Letter after letter, secrets are revealed, truths are spilled and lies are spread. Emotions resurface, bonds are formed, memories are created and the past is forgiven. But what happens when Milana catches feelings?

Will she chase after them and give up on the anonymous love-note writer? Or will she choose an anonymous identity over a face she can visibly see?

'Violets are Blue' is a thrilling romance novella that follows Milana Fallaci, a heartbroken teen, on a journey that requires her to open up the wounds she had hid for years, let go of her past and allow herself to follow her heart.

══════════════

- WARNING -

this book contains...

- foul language

- alcohol drinking

- death

- a ton of heartbreak

- mentions of mental illnesses such as anxiety and depression

- disordered eating

but this book also contains:

- diversity!!! (yes we love to see that)

- swoon-worthy characters (you are welcome to simp)

- a cliche, but not so cliche plot-line

- thrilling adventures

- cute little moments

══════════════

- AUTHOR'S NOTE -

Welcome back, readers (or welcome if you've never read a book of mine)! Last year I published a book called Between the Pages for a contest named ONC III. This year I decided to try again and participate in the writing contest. I've learned a lot since first entering the contest in February 2020 and unfortunately, I didn't finish my story last time, but this time, I am focused on completing this book. This means that my other books will most likely not be updated as often as usual. I hope you understand. <3 I decided to change the "they find a jar of fortune notes" to a jar of little love notes, so just a heads up about that. Anyway, I hope you enjoy my entry! Happy reading!

- myra guillou

prompt thirty-three: when a loved one dies, the person is lost. until, they find a jar of fortune notes which leads them to read each one every day. how does the journey start and end?

══════════════

- DEDICATION -

for my family; thank you for supporting my stories and me all these years

for my friends; thank you for annoying me to finish the story (saying this in advance because i know they will annoy the crap out of me)

for my readers; thank you for giving this book a chance

for wattpad; thank you for shaping me into a better writer

══════════════

- TIMELINE -

started: 02. 01. 21

finished:

══════════════

- SOCIALS -

instagram: @myrawritess

pinterest: @writershit

══════════════

- COPYRIGHT -

all rights reserved. no part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotes embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

copyright © myrawritess 2021. all rights reserved.