"Excuse me. We're looking for Mr. Stark" Steve said as me and Bucky trailed behind. 

"He's in with Colonel Phillips." a blonde lady said as she was reading her paper, she looked up and saw Steve and I. "Of course, you're welcome to wait."  Steve pointed to a table and went and sat on it. Me and Bucky stayed in our spot. "I read about what you two did."

"Oh, the... Yeah." Steve said rather uncomfortably. "Well, that's, you know. Just doing what needed to be done."

"Sounded like more than that. You both saved nearly 400 men. And you barley talked throughout the whole thing." She said as she turned to me and pointed. She then turned her gaze back to Steve. He looked uncomfortable.

"Really, it's not a big deal." Steve said.

She got up and approached him, Steve shifted awkwardly. "Tell that to their wives."

"Uh, I don't think they were all married." Steve said. She completely took her concentration off of me.

"You're a hero." She said getting closer to him.

"Well, that depends on the definition, really." Steve said uncomfortably. 

"The women of America, they owe you their thanks." And seeing as they're not here..." She said as she grabbed onto Steve's tie and pulled him behind some shelves and kissed him.

"Wow, nothing like being invisible." I said as I shifted away from them and grabbed Bucky. He gave me a quick kiss and sat down on the floor, pulling me towards him. I sat down next to him. I saw Peggy coming towards us. "Be careful when you turn the corner, some Blonde is trying to steal your man." she blushed but looked angry. 

She turned the corner. "Captain. We're ready for you, if you're not otherwise occupied." She walked away and motioned for Bucky, Steve and I to follow her. 

Steve was running up to her. "Agent Carter, wait." Me and Bucky walked behind so they could talk.

"Looks like finding a partner wasn't that hard after all." She said as she walked.

"Peggy, that's not what you thought it was." Steve said trying to get through to Peggy while fixing his tie.

"I don't think anything Captain, not one thing. You always wanted to be a soldier, and now you are, just like the rest." Peggy said.

"Well, what about you and Stark? How do I know you two haven't been fondue-ing?" he said as he stopped walking. I chuckled a little bit and so did Bucky. 

Peggy turned around and glared at him before she started walking again. "You still don't know a bloody thing about women."

Me and Bucky continued walking and pushed Steve through the door. "Fondue is just cheese and bread, my friend." Stark said as we walked through the door.

"Really? I didn't think..." Steve said but was cut off by Stark.

"Nor should you, pal. The moment you think you know what's going on in a woman's head is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked. Me, I concentrate on work, which at the moment is about making sure you and your men do not get killed. Carbon Polymer, should withstand your average German bayonet. Although hydra's not going to attack you with a pocket knife. I hear you're kind of attached." Stark says as he walks through the room and then pats Steve's shield.

"It's handier than you might think." Steve said. I let out a laugh.

"I took the liberty of coming up with some options. This one's fun. She's been fitted with electrical relays that allow you to..." Stark says but is cut off by me.

"What about this one?" I said as I leaned over to pick up a perfectly round shield.

"No, no, that's just a prototype." Stark said.

"What's it made of?" I asked.

"Vibranium. it's stronger than steel and a third of the weight. It's completely vibration absorbent." Stark said as he looked at me.

"How come it's not standard issue?" Bucky said as he grabbed the shield from me and handed it to Steve.

"That's the rarest metal on Earth. What you're holding there, that's all we've got." Stark said as he turned to hand me some new throwing and pocket knives. "Those there, they have electrical currents that will shock anyone that they are attached to after you hit this button on these gloves."

They gloves were the same red color as my boots. I had contacted him earlier that week to ask him to make me a new suit. I kept the same boots, and jacket and I kept my mask the same. I switched my skirt and my shirt to black. I had the star moved to the shoulder of my jacket.

"Thank you Mr. Stark." I said as I put the gloves on.

"You quite finished, Mr. Stark? I'm sure the Captain has some unfinished business." Peggy said sounding annoyed.

"What do you think?" Steve said turning towards Peggy. Peggy looked at him. I saw the look in her eyes. I grabbed Bucky and ducked under a table before she could even grab the gun she was gonna pick up. I guess I also have super-senses. She picked up the gun and shot four bullets at him. 

The bullets didn't go through the metal. The metal just vibrated. Steve hid behind it.

"Yes, I think it works." She said as she put down the gun and walked by Steve. I put my hand out to give her a high-five and she high-fived me back. Stark and Steve stared at her as she walked out. Me and Bucky laughed under the table.

"I had some ideas about the uniform." Steve said handing Stark a paper as he didn't even take his eyes off of Peggy.

"Whatever you want, pal." Stark said as he grabbed the paper from Steve.

After about 3 days we were ready to start our first mission. I walked up to Stark and grabbed Steve's and My new uniform from him. I walked out and handed Steve his uniform. 

I met up with Bucky in my bunk and we got changed.

"Now that is hot." he said as I turned around after getting dressed. He pulled me into a tight hug and looked into my warm amber eyes, I looked into his icy blue eyes. We stared into each others eyes for awhile. I leaned in and locked my lips with his.

"Why, every time!" Steve said. "We're about to leave." he walked out and gave me and Bucky some more time to be together before we left.