01

"You guys aren't being very nice. I'm taking him home." I said  frustrated with how my friends were action towards the boy. "Oh come on Rose. Just look at him, he's pathetic." My boyfriend said as the boy and I walked out of the movies. "Really, you'd rather be around that boy then me. I thought you loved me?" he screamed as he ran out following us out of the movies. I stopped at his words. My heart ached. I wasn't ready for the words that came out of my mouth. "I did, but not so much anymore. I'm breaking up with you." I screamed. He grabbed me. He had that look in his eye again. "No you are not. We will take the boy home and then head back to our apartment for some fun. I'm sorry babe, I didn't realize that would bother you." he said. I didn't argue I knew what would happen if I did. I stayed silent the whole way to the kids house.

"Bye, Thanks for walking me home." the boy said. My boyfriend started to walk away, I said I dropped something by his stairs and went to go get it. I dropped 20 bucks on accident to be able to go talk to the boy. "Thanks Rose. You didn't have to stand up for me. You can call me Steve." Steve I now know said. "Are you ok?" He continued with. I gave him a not so reassuring look while I walked away saying yes. Then I turned around and said thank you. I headed back to my boyfriend, we started heading towards our apartment.

 I didn't want to go, but he insisted. As we got closer he grabbed me and pushed me against a wall. I fought back. "I said were over! Can't you understand that? Or are you too stupid to realize what I said!" I finally screamed. I instantly regretted it. I could see him getting furious. "You should watch your words more carefully. Your being ungrateful. Without me your nothing." he blurted out. There was a bunch of people around but no one bothered to stop.

I started running. I knew I shouldn't have, Kass is much faster then me. I tried to turn the corner of the street but he got to me before I could. I fell to the ground in pain from him pushing me to the ground. He retracted his right arm back. He pushed his arm right to my face. I winced in pain. He went to punch me again. I closed my eyes and waited for the punch. But it never came. Instead I heard a voice.

"Hey! What the hell do you think your doing?" a man screamed as he a ran toward us. "No. Please it's fine." I screamed knowing Kass would punch him. He didn't slow down. he actually quickened his pace as he saw Kass throw another punch at me. He tackled Kass to the ground. I stayed on the ground shivering from fear. The man threw a punch at Kass, knocking him out. He grabbed onto me and I flinched.

"Hey, I'm not going to hurt you. I'm here to help." He said as he noticed me flinching. I let him help me up. "I'm gonna take you back to my house and clean you up. Is that ok?" the man said. I felt like I could trust him so I said yes. He started walking and I slowly followed making sure Kass wasn't going to get up. We walked for about 10 minutes before reaching a house. He pulled the keys out of his pocket.

 "Mom, I'm home!" he announced so his mother would know. She came walking into the main room "Now who is this James?" she said "Mom, I told you I go by Bucky." the man said. "I'm Rose." I could say before he had time to speak again. "It's so nice to meet you. I'm Catherine Barnes." she said. "It's so nice to meet you to." I said. "Mom why don't we let her get cleaned up." Bucky said before turning to me.

"Have you eaten dinner Rose?" Catherine asked me. "Uh, ya I just came from the movies with my boyfriend." I said hesitantly not wanting her to question why I came home with Bucky. "Oh, Is Bucky your boyfriend?" she asked. 

"No, mom I don't have a girlfriend." Bucky said. "he was protecting me from my boyfriend. He was making fun of some kid named Steve in the movies and I didn't like it. I grabbed Steve and walked out. It sparked a fight between me and my boyfriend. I tried to break up with him and he started screaming at me so I ran. But he caught me and pushed me to the ground and started punching me. Your son was the only one who helped." I said. 

"Oh, Honey I'm so sorry. Why don't you go take a shower and then I'll take you home." Catherine said. "I don't have anywhere to go." I said before walking to the bathroom so she couldn't finish the conversation.

I got done with the shower and she had placed some clothes out for me. I walked out back into the main room to see the boy I helped earlier in the room. I was confused. "You said you didn't have anywhere to go so I called Steve here." Bucky said. "Wait, You know Steve?" I said very confused. "Ya. He's my one and only friend." Steve said continuing with "Come on, let's go back to my house. My mother said you could stay with us for awhile.". 

I pulled Bucky aside. "Thank you. It really means a lot that you helped." I said. "No problem." He replied continuing with " I always save the girls, especially the pretty ones like you." . I blushed and walked out with Steve.