Steve and I with Peggy, staring out at the familiar Brooklyn streets. 

"I know this neighborhood. I gotbeat up in that alley...and that parking lot...and behind that diner." Steve  said as we stared out the windows. 

"Did you have something againstrunning away?" Peggy said looking at me with concern. 

"You start running, they'll neverlet you stop. You stand up, youpush back...can't say 'no' forever right." Steve said.

"I know a bit what that's like. Tohave every door shut in your face. And I'm sure Rose does to." Peggy said nudging me in the shoulder.

"Tell me about it." I said nudging her back. 

"Who'd shut a door on you? I figureguys would be climbing over eachother to hold them open for you Peggy." Steve said continuing with "Bucky was sure as heck all over Rose when he first saw her." It made me blush.

"Depends which door you're trying to go through."  Peggy said while grabbing onto my hand. I giggled a little bit.

"I guess I don't know why you'd want to join the army if you were abeautiful dame...A beautiful women, an agent not a dame. You are beautiful." Steve said. I gave him a look. I felt like he was about to get punched.

"You have no idea how to talk to women, do you?" Peggy said as she eyed me. I was making sure she wouldn't punch him.

"I think this is the longestconversation I've ever had withone. Except Rose of course." He said I looked over at Peggy she is laughing just the teeniest bit. "Women aren't exactly lining up to dance with the guy they may step on." Steve said. I couldn't hold in my laughter. Steve glared at me.

"Sorry" I said finally containing my laughter.

"You must have dance?" Peggy said while giving a look to Steve.

"Well, asking a woman to dance always seemed so terrifying, and the past few years just didn't seem to matter that much. Figured I'd wait." Steve said. I pulled him into a side hug.

"Wait for what?" Peggy questioned as I let go of Steve.

"The right partner." Steve said. I looked over to Peggy. She was smiling. I seemed to think that Peggy actually like him, not just as a friend. 

We drove for a little longer and we parked in front of an old antique store. Steve, Peggy and I all got out of the car. 

"This way." Peggy said before walking the opposite way we were standing. Steve and I followed closely behind.

"What are we doing here?" Steve asked as we started to walk into the antique store. 

"Follow me." Peggy said. 

Steve turned to me looking very confused. "Let's not question it." I said to Steve. Peggy opened the door and looked around for a second before coming face to face with an older woman.

"Wonderful weather this morning, isn't it?" the older lady said.  

"Yes, but I always carry an umbrella." Peggy said. 

I think it was some sort of code word or something because the older lady then walked to behind the desk and pushed a button. We walked through a curtain and was met by a giant bookcase. When we got in front of it it opened revealing what looked to be like another military testing base. Except this one wasn't a recruitment center. 

When we walked in the other set of doors I saw a bunch of people in the room. Everyone stopped what they were doing to turn and look at us. I looked over to see Peggy staring at us as well. She let out a sigh and led us down the steps. She led us to Dr. Erskine.