Character Profile: Samuel Cooper

Age: 26

Nationality: British/French

Profession: Artefact Cataloguer

Hair colour: Blond

Eye colour: Blue

Profile

Samuel was born in London to a British father and a French mother and is an only child. His mother worked with the French embassy, and his father was a teacher at the local high school. Samuel wasn't the type of person who made friends easily. He spent much of his school years on his own, not that he minded; he liked the peace.

As a studious child, it was always Samuel's aspiration to study at the International Academy of Space Sciences and Cosmic Education. He spent a lot of his time studying to get into the academy and ended up neglecting his social life. His hard work paid off and at eighteen, he was accepted into the academy on the archaeology course. It was at the academy he met Lyra Robinson. He was distant at first, only saying a few words to her when she spoke to him during their mandatory classes together, but because of how respectful she was of his personal space and how she listened to him intently on the odd occasions he spoke, he opened up to her. Eventually, he became a little more confident and also began speaking with Lyra's other friends, Hunter Kelly and Cassidy Howard.

He graduated with honours, much to the delight of his parents, and took a job as an artefact cataloguer aboard the Juno Station to be with his friends.

He is still quite reserved around people, but because of the care and support Lyra, Cassidy, and Hunter showed him in those early years of their friendship, he is a little more willing to speak with others and trust them.