Departure from Lothlórien

The next morning.

Legolas woke up and saw that the sun was getting up again. He stood up fast and makes his way to the room Aerin was in and there he saw her still sleeping and a smile made its way on his face as he walked slowly to her "Aerin you need to wake up" said Legolas softly as he stroked Aerin's hair. "mmmh" was all Aerin said and crept closer to Legolas's his hand. Legolas laughed at this, if possible he would have wanted to lie here with her for hours, but he knows they have to leave soon again "Aerin come on you have to get up, we're leaving in a few hours" With that Aerin's eyes shot open and she sat up straight and looked at Legolas "Man erin Aerin (good morning)" said Legolas with a smile on his face. "Man erin Legolas" she smiled back at him. "I leave you alone to prepare yourself" Legolas said and got up to leave again but before Legolas was out the door Aerin spoke with a blush on her face "Legolas!, Thank you for last night".

"Anytime Aerin, anytime" replied Legolas with a smile and walked out of the door.

The mists of morning lay heavily along the river. Bare-branched trees arch through the fogs, stray beams of light falling on the cold blue waters. Lady Galadriel approaches the bank in an elegant ship, carved in the likeness of a swan.

The Lothlórien elves give al the members of the fellowship elven cloaks and a green, silver-veined elven leaf-brooch clasped on it "Never before have we clad strangers in the garb of our own people, May these cloaks help shield you from unfriendly eyes" Celeborn says.

Legolas grabs a couple of packs and puts them in an elven boat. Merry and Pippin look up as he pulls a small piece of bread from one of the packs.

"Lembas. Elvish waybread" He takes a bite, "One small bite is enough to fill the stomach of a grown Man" he said to the hobbits. He stuffs the remaining piece back in the pack and places it in the boats.

Merrin and Pippin look at each other "how much do you eat?" asks Merrin "four" says Pippin dryly and then they laughed.

The fellowship continue to load the boats for their journey, when finish they all stand next to each other on the riverbank, all but Aerin. Aerin appears to be in deep conversation with Haldir and Lord Celeborn present Aragorn with a gift some space away from the rest of them.

Celeborn holds a dagger out to Aragorn. Aragorn takes the dagger and unsheathes it. It is a beautiful, yet deadly work of art.

"Every league you travel south, the danger will increase. Mordor Orcs now hold the eastern shore of the Anduin. Nor will you find safety on the western bank" He said to the fellowship as they getting ready to sail away from the bank.

"Strange creatures bearing the White Hand have been seen on our borders. Seldom do Orcs journey in the open under the sun, yet these have done so" Celeborn says to Aragorn who nodded a thank you and walked back to the boats.

Then lady Galadriel walks up to the fellowship and address them all with gifts "My gift for you, Legolas, is a bow of the Galadhrim. Worthy of the skill of our woodland kin" Legolas lifts an elegant bow and tests its strength and is very impressed.

Galadriel smiles and walks to Merry and Pippin and gives them a dagger. Merry removes the dagger from its sheathe and gazes upon it "These are the daggers of the Ñoldorin they have already seen service in war" Pippin looks upon his gift with the fear he may have to use it. He casts his eyes upon Galadriel who smiled at him "Do not fear young Peregrin Took, you will find your courage."

"And for you Samwise Gamgee, Elven rope made of hithlain and a little box of plain grey wood" the box was plain grey wood unadorned save for a single silver rune upon the lid. It contained earth from Galadriel's orchard, the earth was like grey dust, soft and fine, and in the middle of which was a seed, like a small nut with a silver shell" Sam bows to her accepting her gift.