Saturday

Notes: pic credits: neuron fairy on Tumblr
I've been having a lot of fun writing this, I'm trying to keep it moving but also not move too fast... Do you know what I mean? Well anyways, enjoy this chapter!!!
___________________________________
*Shane's POV*

       Today is the day. The day I've been dreading. I drank my weight in beer last night at the saloon just to forget about this 'Starfruit Saturday.'.

I had been woken up today at around 3 pm to Jas and Vincent playing. They would chase each other all around the house. Especially in the hallway, which I could hear loud and clear in my room.

"Buhhh," I groaned. My head spinning as I sat up from a hangover. "I don't want to do this stupid starfruit night." The last time I checked my stardrop was with my buds in high school. It was beer... Since I drink more now than ever it should be the same.

I start to relive the past, remembering how I saw the beer reflected in my eyes, felt the ice-cold foamy drink pour down my throat, and my body and mind went from sober to plastered.

The magic of starfruit is insane.

I think back even harder. About my friend Jacob. His favorite thing shocked us all... he had a passion for slimes. He even admitted to growing them in his basement. Everyone made fun of him, but I told him that I thought his hobby was badass. Slimes are risky to play around with, especially the powerful ones from the desert.

I glance at myself in the mirror next to my bed. "My stardrop could be anything... or anyone," I mumble, nervously. Standing up from my bed, fully facing the mirror.

I check myself out for a couple of minutes. Dark circles, overgrown greasy hair, a 5'o clock shadow, and my stained work clothes I still had on for Yoba knows why.

I frowned at my appearance. I had been so depressed I forgot to take care of myself. Sighing, I looked away and shuffled to the door.

"Time for a shower," I stated, tossing my dark green towel over my shoulder. I start towards the bathroom before Jas stops me, Vincent following in her steps.

"Hiiii Shaney!" She yells excitedly, latching onto my arm.

"Hi, Jas! And hello, little Vincent." I lightly ruffle Vincent's bright pink hair and hug Jas.

"I'm gonna jump in the shower, okay? Don't do anything I wouldn't do." I tease, winking at them.

"Oh, we won't!" They chime mischievously, giggling as they scurry off.

I chuckle and continue to the bathroom, switching the light on and locking the door.

I begin to strip off my old clothes and throw them in the laundry basket. I look down at my slightly chubby belly.

"I need to stop drinking and eating so much," I grumble. Grabbing at my tummy for a while.

I finally turn on the shower after 5 minutes and wait for the water to heat up. Sitting on the toilet and checking my phone to pass time.

'Huh... Another new friend request.'

I click the same link under the default greeting just like yesterday, taking me to my pelicantownies friend requests.

Friend requests
~~~~~~~~~~~~
•Sebastian ( Seb)
•Alex (sports prodigy)

I chuckle at Alex's god complex. I take a look at his profile that features him shirtless (usually at the beach), old throwback pics of him playing football in high school as the quarterback, and pics of him and his girlfriend Haley.