1

All eren could think sitting in that cellar was guilt. He forced himself to believe that the countless deaths of his comrades layed on his shoulders. He held his pillow tightly, sobbing silently in the dark.

Morning came, he arose from his slumber. Eren slowly made his way up to the the first floor, and there he saw Mikasa.

"Eren, the gathering is about to start," she spoke softly. The damaged boy had forgotten that today, the royals, scouts and other important people would hold a remembrance for the ones lost.

'Erwin.' Eren clenched at his heart, he was the reason Erwin died. Another reason for him to be disgusted with himself.

*At the rememberance*
Historia POV-

I was talking to Levi, giving him my condolences when I saw Eren, he looked like he had lost everything. He was a mess. I quickly walked up to him, stopping when my toes touched his.

"Eren," that got his attention. He lifted his head up, and stared into my eyes deeply. He had dark rings under his eyes, and he looked like he had been crying. I though back to what he once said to me. 'Historia, to me, you are just a normal girl, and you'll see. Everything will turn out to be okay' his comforting words stuck with me. He was now on the ground kneeling for me. "Yes your Hines" he said roughly.

I didn't like this, I didn't want to be a queen to him, I wanted to be just that normal girl to him. I grabbed his hands and stood him up. "Call me historia, eren," I whispered into his ear. He gave me a confused nod, and released his hands from mine.

He looked like he was longing for a hug, and so I embraced him tightly, getting nothing but a few casual glances, this is a memorial after all. Eren slid one hand up to my shoulder and the other one to my side, and he tightened the hug. I could hear his faint cry, I bet he was holding in years of sadness until now. Eren slowly let go, quickly brushing his face in his sleeve. He gave me a reassuring smile, weak but sincere. "Thanks historia," he said, making a light blush appear on my cheeks "Anytime,".