Chapter 1

Nadia POV:
"Ok monster killers, five minutes till arrival, arm yourselves!" A Hispanic boy shouted from the controls black curls waving messily in the wind.

I trailed my fingers over my many daggers counting them in my head as I have done countless times before and closed my eyes. I wasn't nervous, I was never nervous especially before a fight, I was just assessing, making sure I was ready, it was my pre battle routine if you will and it has led me through hundreds of fights without any major injuries so it seems to work pretty well.

Today we were making our way to the Doors of Death to find Percy and Annabeth and to close them. Fingers crossed everything goes well but there are so many things that could go wrong there's not even any point in that.

The barley cakes that are supposed to save us from the poison, the army of monsters that are probably waiting for us, the underground ruins that very well could have collapsed over the years, the fact that Percy and Annabeth might not even be alive anymore or if they are might not even be close to the doors. The odds most certainly aren't in our favor but are they ever, half of us should be dead by now but here we are still standing.

I touched my three biggest scars, one diagonal across the middle of my face, one diagonal across my collarbone and one diagonal across my shoulder and chest.

I got them a couple years ago when fighting a drakon at age ten. It wasn't the drakon they fought in the battle against Kronos, I wasn't around here yet, but a different drakon I fought back in London before I even knew about gods or whatever.

It almost killed me, now I wouldn't have been hurt but before the only fighting I knew was what I picked up from the older kids at the orphanage.

I remember parts of the underworld from when my heart stopped for 4 whole minutes but then I came back and I'm still fighting. It really opened my eyes honestly, I learned about the Greek gods and my dad and I stopped fearing death.

I grew up in an orphanage not knowing who my parents were. I'm not sure if I'm glad I learned about my dad or not. I've only met him once or twice after all. My meeting with death is probably the only reason I'm even on this quest and even alive for that matter.

"You ready," a voice said, taking me out of my thoughts. I turned to see a Native American girl armed with a knife looking determined at the horizon in front of me.

"You Americans, always so naive," I responded in my British accent, "haven't you realized by now that I'm always ready."

Piper laughed stepping closer to me and lending on the railing "Of course, I should have known better than to underestimate the legendary Nadia daughter of Ares, warrior of the people." She bowed to me, smirking slightly.

I smirked right back "that's better," I turned back to the railing, "you think we're all gonna come out of this ok?"

"Don't speak like that Dia, we're all gonna be fine just like always."

I nodded but for whatever reason I had a bad feeling. I would mention it to Piper but I didn't want my emotions to get the better of me, when that happens strange things follow and I'm not really sure why. That's part of the reason I bottle up my emotions and try not to let things show, the other part is the fact that I don't want to be a burden, some people, like Leo, joke about me being a robot but they don't understand, I have to hide my emotions I don't know any other way.

"Come on Pipes, we should join the others at the front before Leo sends his walking table at us."

~~~