Chapter 8: At Restaurant

Start from the beginning

The waiter came and kept the menu in front of us. Viren asked “toh batao kya khaoge?” 

Manvi checked the menu and chuckled like a kid. Before she could speak something I said “Aaj toh Di aur jiju ki pasand ka hi khayenge”

Manvi glared at me but then agreed “haa.. Bhai aap aur bhabhi hi order karo” 

“Great.. Toh paneer masala karte hai.. Ahana tumhara favourite hai na” Viren spoke, I was so much impressed hearing him. 

“Kya baat hai jiju aapko toh meri pasand pata hai” I said. 

“Itne saalo se janta hun tumhe obviously pata hoga” Viren replied

Manvi sat back crossing her arms around her chest, I could clear sense insecurity on her face. She murmured in low tone but was loud enough for me to hear “acha hai shaadi ke baad iski shakal nahi dekhni padegi..” 

The waiter came and Viren ordered two dishes, one of my favourite while the other of Bulbul's. 

Bulbul ordered Dal Makhni and Naan to which I was left shocked as I hated this and Di also didn't like it much.  

Manvi was surprised and asked “Aapko kaise pata??”

Bulbul nodded in yes “haa..”

Viren said “main kab.. Bata..” he paused when Bulbul hit his arm lightly passing him a look. 

I was so suspicious of her behaviour. Since the day she had met Manvi she had been behaving strangely. 

The food arrived, we ate the food. Manvi was done with it, she said “hathogi mujhe haath dhone jaana hai” 

 Manvi was done with it, she said “hathogi mujhe haath dhone jaana hai” 

“Peeche se chali jao” I replied. 

She sighed, she stood up, pushed the chair and left giving me a light push. The water dropped and it landed straight on my dress. 

“Chudail… kahiki” I blabbered.. 

“Ahnu.. this is not the way” Bulbul scolded me. 

“Par usne mujhe jaan bujh ke push kiya” I protested.