Breaking Foundations: Chapter 8

Start from the beginning

''Who's there! Get out!'' I yelled at the top of my lungs. The person ignored me and lunged towards me, but I managed to jump towards the floor. However, the strong figure grabbed me by the back of night-gown and sent me flying face forward on the hard floor. The figure grabbed my neck and started chocking me until couldn't breathe or move. ''You know I really liked you, and I really hoped I'd never have to do this again,'' said a familiar male voice with an alluring English accent.

I knew who it was, but just couldn't believe it. Was Grant capable of this violent behavior? I asked myself. I was helpless, hopeless, and no one could save me, unless I saved myself. There was still a knife under my bed from when I attempted to stab Grant with it that morning. I hoped it was still there and that I had enough strength to grab it before it was too late.

There was a sudden boom at the door, and I knew it was Sam, but I would be dead by the time he rescued me.

''Rain! Hold on, I'm coming! Don't you dare stop fighting!'' he yelled, as I heard the wooden door start to break down. I started grow lightheaded and weak, but I blindly reached for the knife. Luckily, it was still there, and I chucked the knife in the stomach of the unwelcome intruder while slicing my own hand. He let go of my neck and I thankfully gasped for air a few times before I scrambled to my feet, and the door burst open. There was a sudden clash of a shattering window, and the candle lights flickered back on. The intruder was gone, but window was broken and the evidence was left behind.

''Baby, your shaking, and look at your hand,'' he said as kissed my bleeding palm and wrapped his arms around me. Although my hand was cut pretty badly, I could not feel a thing, hence the adrenaline levels were still running high in my body. He led me towards the hallway and into safety.

''Heguel! Sandra!'' yelled Sam. A man dressed in a black uniform came running. He was a dark eyed man with a strict demeanor. His black hair was wild but his face was distained. ''Huguel, have every man on foot secure every inch inside and outside the estate. Is that understood?'' he demanded.

''Yes, Sir'' Huguel took off running in the opposite directions as a young woman approached us. She was a red-headed woman who seemed to be in her thirties. She was in her night cloths and had a pleasant look about her.

''Yes, Master West,'' she said.

''Will you please get my medical kit and meet me in my bed chambers as quickly as possible. You are to report as quickly as you can back to me and tell no one about this. Is that understood?'' he demanded.

She nervously nodded her head and took off running down the hall.

''Are you okay to walk?'' he asked, but I was too shook to speak. Before I could manage to speak again, my feet were in the air and I was being carried by the strong arms of Sam.

''Just a little shaken, but I should be okay'' I said unconvincingly.

''I'd think you'd better stay off your feet for a while and rest,'' he suggested.

''Non-sense, I'll be fine by tomorrow. I've been in far worse situations than this,'' I protested which in fact was the truth. I could be on my feet by tomorrow.''

''Where's Teal. She was suppose to meet me up here?'' I asked

''Well, I didn't see anyone. Lets focus on fixing your hand,'' he said as we entered the large room. I was so distraught the adrenaline in my body prevented me from feeling any pain or let alone to notice it. My hand looked as if it had been slaughtered. He placed me on the bed and as if on que, the red headed women returned with a medical tool-box in hand. Her face was flushed and eyes hers lit up at the sight of Sam.