Rescue: Chapter 6

Start from the beginning

I put my eyes down and remained silent because I couldn't bear to relive the situation again. ''Some terrible things happened, but I'm okay,'' I replied

''Let me see your back,'' he ordered. I turned around and he lifted my dress and expected the new lashings on my back and legs. ''Oh my God, baby I'm so sorry,'' he said in shock as he ran his fingers across some of the scarring. He immediately kissed the scaring on my back until he reached my neck and embraced me tightly from behind soothing me. I had never had anyone be so gentle and kind to my sensitivity, and tears streamed down my face. He wiped my tears away and I felt a sudden change in his energy that was fueled with pain.

''Gather your things and your people and bring them to the carriage promptly. I hate to see you in pain and I can bare it no-longer. He must pay'' said Sam as freed me from his embrace.

Sam walked outside into the raging thunder and lightning towards my father who was in a drunken stance. ''Off with his head!'' Sam roared.

His actions were unsettling and unexpecting. My heart started to panic and the world seemed to slow down. There was a thin line between love and hate, love conquered all, and I still loved my father. The thought killed me, but he wasn't always an evil man.

''I can't breathe'' I said in sheer panic. Aunt Karen helped my feet stay grounded, but I still felt the earth slipping from beneath me. I watched as multiple men partaked in beating my father halfway to death with their whips, fists, and weapons until I could bare it no-longer.

''Daddy! Daddy! No! Leave him alone!'' I cried out and launched myself out the door. Aunt Karen caught my grasp before I made it off the porch and I fell to my knees. The storm seemed to have stopped and the sun peeked through the clouds.

''Seize Movements!'' shouted Sam as he picked up my battered and bruised father up by the collar of his shirt.

''The only reason you're not dead is because of your daughter over there!'' I heard Sam yell. My father closed his eyes. ''Look at her,'' Sam roared as loud as lion and my father obediently and helplessly looked in my direction with sorrow in his eyes. It seemed as if he understood the pain he had caused me after all these years.

Sam threw my father to the ground where he laid effortlessly on the ground and spotted me over by the cabins again. He was crying and mouthed the words, ''I'm so sorry''. Tears streamed down my face and his words broke my heart and I couldn't bare anymore pain than I had already had to withstand. I didn't know which hurt worse. His apology or his failure to confess his love for me after the accident. My brain shut down, the world grew quiet, and my eyes went black.

I awoke to the soothing sounds of horses rhythmically clumping their feet against the earth and my body being rocked back and forth. I was in the carriage and Sam tightly caressed his arms around my stomach.

''What happened? Where's Aunt Karen!? Teal!?'' I said as panic set into my body. I remembered my promise to remove them from the hell of the plantation.

''Relax blue eyes'' he replied as he kissed the temple of my forehead. ''Lasette, Teal, and Karen are in another carriage following closely behind use.

Lasette? What was she doing in the carriage? I thought to myself.

''Now that your awake, I think we could use some sunshine'' he said as he lifted the hood of the carriage allowing the sun to hit my face. It was still dull outside from the storm but the sky was clearing and turning into a beautiful day.

I felt relieved, happy, and I want to show Sam how much I loved him in the moment. ''Make love to me, right her,'' I demanded.