15: A day off

Thank you High School Musical 2 for coming up with the best picnic ever.
featuring this lovely dress that's nice and simple, 1 color with flowers on it:

(Y/N)s POV:

He said he had something to tell me . . . so far, nothing. "Come on, Adrian, you told me to meet you at the entrance when I clocked out and I did, we're almost at our apartment buildings, what do you want to tell me?" Once again, zero words.

💀🖤at your apartment building🖤💀

"Well, thank you for escorting me home, but since you haven't said anything I think I'll—"
"You've got a day off."
"Wait What!" I almost dropped my keys. "You and me we've got a day off." "Really? But we women hardly get days off."
"Well I told the heads there was a woman who was hard working, it was almost her first year on the job, and that she deserved her first day off early." Makes sense, or the worker would ask for their day off on the actual date. "Adrian, thanks, and I guess you asked for your day off on the same day." ". . . Ok to tell you the truth this is actually half of both our days off, point is we're free tomorrow." I couldn't help but jump into his arms and hug him. "Thankyou thankyou I'll pay you back I promise." "You can pay me back by looking beautiful tomorrow, and remember it's a day off so you finally have a good excuse to shop." It's like he can read minds. "So will we be doing anything tomorrow?" I asked. "Does this answer your question." He gave me a peck on the cheek and started walking away, "I'll come pick you up for a picnic date at three." I touched my cheek, when I looked in his direction he started turning the corner and he waved at me. I waved back with my other hand—still holding my key—and then went into my apartment. I tossed the keys onto my counter, I was in the center of my apartment—still with my hand on my cheek—speechless, then slowly, a smile started to form on my face. "He kissed me." The best Grim Reaper in England kissed me. "Oh no," I don't think I have anything for a picnic date in my closet.

🧺the next day at 3:00🧺

There were sooo many dresses to choose from, so I bought something simple. An A-line, one shoulder strap black dress, with a few flowers on it. I also bought a hair clip with the same type of flower that's on the dress, and I already had black flats so that was good.
Knock knock.
It's him, "Let's do this." I walked over to the door and opened it: his hair was down, his shirt was purple, he had on black jeans and shoes, and he had a picnic basket with a picnic blanket—black with skulls on it. "Well don't you look handsome." "And don't you look lovely." I locked the door and took his hand, his cheeks became the color of the flower on my dress. "Adrian are you gonna lead or am I? Because FYI I had no idea we had a park." He stopped blushing, "Oh don't worry, I know a short cut."

🧺time skip🧺

We took alleyways for shortcuts, as disgusting as they were, where we set the picnic was beautiful. There was a tree on top of a little hill, we got just enough shade and enough sunlight. "Alright, for our picnic we have a bowl of fruits—and lots of them—an egg salad, some pasta, to drink we have water, and for dessert, my bone biscuits with moose on the side to dip them in—or if you want you can save some of the fruits so you can dip them in the moose too." This was a healthy picnic . . . Who're we kidding this wasn't even a picnic for two this was a picnic for five. "God I don't know where to start." He handed me a plate of salad. "Let's start with the obvious." "Why thank you kindly, hey did you bring sauce?" "Well, in my left I have ranch, and in my right I have Italian."

🧺time skip🧺

There were leftovers for later, and we were so full that we ended up laying down on the blanket. "You know, Adrian, I've never been on a picnic before." He looked at me surprised, "Well congrats, (Y/N)(L/N) you've just been on your first picnic, sure it's in the Reaper Realm but it's you first." "Thank you . . . and . . . I'm glad it was with you." It was too late to take them back, but after thinking about all the time I spent with him, and after just two dates . . . I realized I loved him.
I was about to tell him how I felt, then something watery touched my cheek. "What was that?" "Isn't it obvious, rain," he said. "Ha ha very funny." I started folding the blanket, and when I finished he was standing in the rain. "Dance with me." "What? are you mad it's raining." "Oh a little rain never hurt anyone." No but the plague did. "Fine," my dress is already getting wet anyway, "but you have to ask me properly." "Of course. May I have this dance m'Lady?" I curtsied, "Of course you may." We were waltzing in the rain, then came the part where I went out and then he pulls me back in . . . I came back in and slipped, but he caught me, although now we look like we were doing the tango. The second time we slipped was his fault, he pulled me down with him. We were rolling down the little hill.

"Hehe, let's do that again," Adrian said. "I-I'd rather not, and Adrian, you're crushing me." "Oh shit I'm so sorry." I hope no one saw that fall and the last few seconds after it. He pulled me up, "Again, I'm sorry." "Again, it's okay." We just stood there in the drizzling rain still holding hands, he let go and started moving them up my arms. I got goosebumps, but I didn't care, it felt good. His hands then went to my waist, and I put mine around his neck.
"I love you." We said it in unison so we ended up laughing. "Ladies first."
"Alright then . . . I love you, Adrian Crevan, and it wasn't until last night and today that I realized it."
"I feel the same way, (Y/N)(L/N), I've been feeling it for the past week, then I decided I'd tell you here on our third date." I couldn't stop smiling, and now that we've exposed our feelings, there was one thing left to do. "Kiss me," I said, he looked left and right.
"If that is what you desire, my love, then I shall give it to you." Our lips touched, and the doors to a second chance at love and a relationship opened. We parted for air and agreed to head back to his place and have the leftovers for dinner.
If he wants me to stay the night I'm sleeping on his couch.

I was gonna do a backstory chapter on the first kiss, but I decided to just put them both together.