12: Dessert date

All those backstories that I was gonna put in a chapter are just gonna be their own chapter, and then the reader or Undertaker are gonna wake up like it was a dream or memory.

💀apartment 512💀

(Y/N)s POV:

Ok this's his apartment, he didn't say how I should dress, so I guess sneakers, jeans, (f/c) T-shirt, and a jacket are fine.
Knock knock.
"Wuhh," apparently my hand has a mind of its own, and it's kinda sweaty. Why am I nervous? I mean this's the third date, and I looked my best in the first one . . . no, I looked beautiful, and he looked . . . "Handsome." "Well I'm just in jeans and a T-shirt but thank you." His hair was in a ponytail like when we first met, and surprisingly in jeans and a T-shirt he still looks handsome, (Y/N) stop talking to yourself. "Come in."
His apartment was like a mirror, my kitchen was on the left, his was on the right. It looked pretty fancy, though most of the colors were black, white, and grey—monochromatic. "I know what you're thinking, dull and boring, it looks like a black and white photo," Adrian said. "No no, it's your home your style, and you have color here and there," they may be dark bit there's still color. "So, you ready to bake?" "That depends, what are we baking?" He looked into one of the kitchen cabinets and brought out a book. "Whatever you want from here, or your favorite dessert." "What about you?" "We'll make yours then mine, which is cookies." I looked through the book, so many sweets, if I didn't pick one now, my stomach would start speaking to me. "Found it." "What?"
"(F/D)."

Alright the ingredients for both desserts were on the counter: (__) eggs, (__) cup(s) of water, (__) cup(s) of baking powder (or soda), (__) cup(s) of sugar, (__) cup(s) of milk, some butter, and some flour. Mine we had to mix, so in went the eggs, water (or milk), flour, and sugar. "I'll hold the bowl, you mix," He said. As I mixed it all the ingredients started disappearing, but it was still a bit hard to mix. "How about we both mix because we'll never get to your dessert," I said. "Alright then." My left hand was already on the spoon, then his left hand went on top of mine, we were so close together that I could hear his heart beat. So we mixed to the beat of the heart, the more we mixed the more my cheeks got warm. "Alright into the mold it goes," he said. "Unless you want something extra on the inside like strawberries or chocolate chips." ". . . (__) will do."

It was time for his dessert, while mine baked we rolled out the dough for the cookies. "Adrian, why're your cookie cutters dog biscuits?" "Hihi, I knew you'd say that."
"Well why? I mean mine are just round." "Because it's fun, and where you see dog biscuits I see bones." I had to look from the front not the side. "I guess if you squirt your eyes you see the image of bones," I said. "Perfect, now it's time to bake." We put them in with (F/D), now it was time to do the simplest thing in baking—wait. "So now what do we do?" "Well you could go to the piano over there and try to play a song, I'll be with you in a moment while I clean up." Were I had records he had a black upright piano with purple candles on it. That looks like something for another date.
"Or, Adrian, we could do this." I took just a dabble of flour, and flicked it at him.
"Did you just flick flour at my face?" I couldn't stop smirking, "maybe I did, maybe I didn't." His smile said he knew what I wanted, "well maybe I flicked some back, and maybe I didn't." I could only see from my left side. "Your turn—should you want this battle to continue—or we could go wash our faces."
". . . Would you like baking powder or baking soda thrown at you? don't answer that." I took a handful of each and threw it at him.

🍪time skip brought to you by The Suite Life of Zack & Cody Food fights🍪

We were both covered in different colored powders, we each had two egg yolks on us, and now we were both laughing messes—literally. "Haha, why didn't you just sit down—haha—or at least offer to help me clean?" He asked. "Haha, because, it's not baking unless there's a mess on you or the counter or both." "Haha, you forget to mention the floor." There was a mess from top to bottom, from left to right, and I had my hair down.
"I'm sure you can find the loo (bathroom), you can shower while your clothes wash. Just leave them outside and I'll see if I have anything that fits you," he said. Since there's powder on my face he can't see me blush. "O-ok, let's see, the door on the right, right?" "Hihi, yes that's right." His bathroom had checkered floor tiles, a black sink, curtain, and framed mirror, the rest was white, and the only color was the soap. I took off my shoes—I could wash them and my socks for a minute—undressed, and turned on the water.

🚿time skip🚿

I came into this place in my own wardrobe, and now I'm still in this place but with a baggie wardrobe. A shirt that's 2 sizes too big—I'm wearing my bra under it—and sweatpants. "That's the best I could find." "No don't worry it's . . . Ok." Apparently the only difference in our apartment is that he has a loo in his room. His hair was down and a little wet, he had sweatpants on as well, and a black robe that exposed a bit of his chest. Not to buff, not too scrawny, but just right.
"Do you like what you see?"
"Wh-What?" My palms were either sweaty or still wet.
Ding!
"Oh look foods ready," I said. "I'll get it out, you just sit out on the balcony and enjoy the view." "How' bout no and you tell me where the plates, cups, and utensils are." He turned his head to the side and put his thumb and index finger underneath his chin.
"What're you an inspector? Tell me where the things are before the food burns."
"Alright bossy sweatpants, second cabin on the right, and on the counter the one on the left."

🍰time skip🍰

"Mmmm, I never imagined (F/D) would taste good in the Reaper Realm." "A lot of things will surprise you down here." The washer beeped, but the clothes still need to dry. "Wow it's eleven o'clock, I guess the time on the battlefield passes by fast," I said. "I guess you'll have to stay the night."
"What?" I dropped the last cookie. "You'll have to stay the night, (Y/N), sure putting the clothes to dry won't take long, but I don't want you walking on the street alone." I didn't know what to say. "You can sleep in my room," now I did. "No, no I'm not gonna let you sleep on the couch in your own home." "I've done it before when I've had to reap souls at night, and I come back too exhausted to even go to my room." He put both his hands on my shoulders. "And you need a bed more than I do, you sit down slouched over a typewriter all day."
"Ok, but should something like this happen again, next time I get the couch."

All he needed was his pillow, he had blankets in the closet outside. I was sleeping in the bed of a man who I've only known for 3 months, and somehow, I feel like I've known him since I started at the association. Sure he's probably passed by me and I've passed by him, but now when that happens we say 'hi'. I've only been at this job for almost a year . . . And I think I've never been glad to be a Reaper. His room smelled like him and I felt like he was next to me. I couldn't help but snuggle up in the blankets. "Goodnight, Adrian."