Favorite Thing

Beginne am Anfang

I stood up quickly and apologized, "Yeah, sorry! I'll do it right away."

Sam looked at me with a raised brow then slowly made his way down my body and stopped at my groin.

Sam chuckled, "Really dude?"

My eyes widened with realization. I covered my shame and avoided eye contact.

"Please... just forget this ever happened." I stammered.

Running off, I swiped my ID card to clock out and grabbed my wallet and phone out of the locker. I exited out the back door as Sam's laughs were drowned out by the sound of rain drumming against metal roofing.

I threw my hoodie on and pulled my hood over my greasy hair to avoid getting too wet.

'God, when was the last time I showered? Two weeks? A month?'

I sighed, knowing all these overbearing and negative thoughts were soon to be cast away as I opened the door to the Stardrop Saloon.

All of my worry and stress floated away as I was greeted by the upbeat music and warm lighting of the cozy little wooden shack I knew best. I headed towards my corner and Gus slid a beer onto the counter beside it.

"Welcome back, Shane! Here's a cold one!" Gus shouted, over the noise of a Friday night at the saloon. Almost everyone was here, except that farmer, they never came.

'I wonder what Y/N does on a Friday night' I pondered, Sipping onto my smooth but bitter drink.

'Oh well, I guess I'll never know.'
___________________________________
*Your POV*

    "Ugh, I really wish I could place sprinklers on the sand... I guess I can only blame myself. Filling the greenhouse with other season plants and then buying way too many seeds was also my fault. Right, Monko?

Monko looks up at me and mews in agreement, turning her tail up at me and strutting away.

"I can't do this anymore. I still have 150 plants to water and this bread is no longer giving me energy, just constipation." I grumbled, holding my bloated tummy.

I looked around and watched as the farm animals grazed sleepily as the sun slowly crept further away.

I wiped the sweat off my forehead and pushed myself even more. I watered the remaining crops and ate more bread. Afterward, I sat on a bench I recently crafted by my pond and took a look in my journal. I read about my encounters with the people of pelican town and smiled. Marking which people I should talk to more, and which I should do something special for.

I trailed along and kept going down my lists until I realized I had only two entries for Shane.

They read,

"Shane, a cold-hearted drunk who yells at anyone who tries to be nice to him. Often wants to be alone.'

'I tried randomly gifting this Shane guy because I felt generous and gave him a fresh pepper from my garden. He seemed to love it but as soon as I tried to talk to him he said "Don't you have work to do?" Like, really? He may need a check-up with doctor Harvey.'