Chapter 6

No One's Pov

Mal followed Ben to his locker as she went to a locker as a few girls told her hey and thanked her for her work on their hair as Jay turned a corner.

"Are you feeling kinda weird about this? I mean it's not so bad here." Jay said.

Mal snapped her fingers in his face glaring at him "Are you insane? Long Live Evil, You're mean, you're awful, you're bad news, Snap out of it." 

Jay chuckled "Thanks Mal I need that." 

Jay soon went over to the girls as Mal heard Audrey complain to Ben as usual."Do you think they pay for those? She did it with Jane's hair too and Fairy Godmother is not happy about it." 

Ben shrugged. "What's the harm?" 

Audrey huffed in annoyance."It's gateway magic! Sure it starts with the hair, then the lips and the legs and the clothes than everybody looks good then where will I be." 

Then Audrey took her to leave as then Mal shut her locker door.

"Hey, Bennyboo," Mal said as she got Ben's attention.

"Hey," Ben replied.

"I just made a batch of cookies. Double chocolate chips. Do you want one?" Mal asked.

"I've got a big game I don't eat before a big game. But thank you so much thank you." Ben replied.

"Oh yeah I completely understand. Be careful of treats offered by kids of villains." Mal sighed sadly.

"No, No, No," Ben said.

"No, I'm sure every kid in Auradon knows that,"  Mal replied.

"No no, That's not it. No, I have a --" Ben stated but got cut off by Mal.

"No, I get it you're cautious that's smart oh well more for me I guess," Mal said.

Ben takes the cookie from Mal's hand and eats it.

"See that I trust you," Ben said.

"How are they?" Mal asked.

They're good they're great, they're amazing! I mean they're chewy and you know they….Is that walnuts I love walnuts. (Ben laughs) I mean you know the chocolate. ( Ben clears his throat) The chocolate….Chocolate chips are …..I'm sorry um….They're warm and soft and they're sweet." 

As he says that the rest of the Vks come walking up slowly.

"Mal, have you always had those little golden flecks in your eyes?" Ben asked.

Ben then went to take another bite of the cookie but Mal takes it from him as Jay comes up behind him with an evil smile and places his hand on Ben's shoulder.

"How are you feeling Bro?" Jay asked.

"I feel….I feel like singing your name. 🎶Mal!🎶 

Mal goes to cover Ben's mouth as they lead him away.

Evie's pov

I then went to look for Jacob because of what happened last night. I needed to check on him as I looked in his dorm after the big game which we won and Ben sang a song to Mal.

As soon after my chemistry class and helping Mal with her date with Ben, I went looking for him.

First I checked his dorm but it looked like it was running sack then I looked in the woods calling out his name then I saw him walking around shouting as he laughed as a bird flew by him he then sat down on the ground with his hood on and with a smile on his face acting like a child as I walked up to him.

"Jacob?" I asked as Jacob turned to look at me.

He slowly backs away then I went up to him and hugged him and we soon sat on a log.

"Jacob, what happened last night?" I asked.

"I let my anger and rage I have for the Isle and the world of man control me," Jacob explained.

I nodded and looked at him and I raised my hand to touch his face but he grabbed my wrist.

"What are you doing ?" Jacob asked.

"I was going to feel your face if it is alright? It's ok you can trust me." I replied.

Jacob had a look of uncertainty on his face but he let go of my wrist and he takes off his hood.

I nodded as I began to touch his face, I felt the stitches across his face and the electrodes on his neck.

"You poor guy," I said sadly as Jacob
had a sad expression on his face.

"That is why while I was on the Isle I hide in the shadows," Jacob replied.

"No one should hide in the shadows," I stated.

"It's better that way for me because people are afraid except you," Jacob replied.

"Well, I am not like most people." I reminded.

"But I'm different," Jacob said as he turned away and  I  looked at him.

"How are you different your much a part of Maleficent's plan as anyone else." I remind.

"I'm a dozen used parts from eight different corpses from a juvenile graveyard my life force from electric eels and a thunderstorm as an improvement on Victor Frankenstein's work I'm a monster. " Jacob said.

"Your only a monster if you behave like one," I said honestly as Jacob turned to look at me.

I saw a book in Jacob's coat pocket and I pulled it out and it was Romeo and Juliet.

"You are reading Romeo and Juliet ?" I asked as he nodded.

"That's one of my favorite books," I said with a smile.

Jacob nodded and he looked at me. "If I profane with my unworthiest hand this holy shire, the gentle sin is this my lips two blushing pilgrims ready stand to smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss."

I smile and replied. "Good pilgrim you do wrong your hand too much. Which mannerly devotion shows in this. For saints have hands do touch and palm to palm is holy palmer's kiss."

We soon both started to monologue that part of Romeo and Juliet.

"Have not saints have lips and holy palmers too?" Jacob asked.

"Ay pilgrim, lips that they must use in prayer," I answered.

"O, then dear saint let lips do what hands do, They pray grant thou,  lest faith turns to despair," Jacob said.

"Saints do not move, though grant for prayers' sake," I replied.

"Then move not, while my prayer’s effect I take. Thus from my lips, by thine, my sin is purged."  Jacob replies.

"Then have my lips the sin that they have taken." I said.

"Sin from thy lips? O trespass sweetly urged! Give me my sin again."  Jacob replied.

I looked at him and smiled at him.

"Jacob Frankenstein you are no monster," I stated.

"I'm not?" Jacob asked.

"No, you are Romeo," I answered as I kiss him on his cheek.

We soon got up from the log and headed back to Auradon Prep.