"Mother?"

All he could do was stand there frozen in fear before black engulfed him into its awaiting arms.

-

-

Montreal asked if his guest wanted anything before adjusting to his natural habitual mood. "You've been here how many days and still haven't decorated the place?" Carter asked as he looked around. Montreal knew that he really was talking about the lack of pictures. It was only him and his mom, he didn't have any siblings. Besides, it's not like there was any need to take a bunch of pictures. The ones that meant anything to him was kept in his wallet. 

Montreal didn't voice any of these things to the other male. Carter made more accusations as he went around the apartment. When Montreal finally looked up at him, he was beaming with an amused yet determined smile. "You're so mysterious, Monte. I'll solve you though." He perked up at that. "I'm not a math problem." "I'll still solve you." Good luck with that. 

If there's anything Montreal Stuart is good at, it's being cryptic and closed off towards others when he wants. 

No attachments.

He broke that rule when he let CJ — damn it — Carter keep tagging along with him.

Keep your focus on what's important.

He broke that too when he let that damned enigma from next door invade his thoughts all day every day.

Speaking of mysterious... "Aren't we supposed to be going over our crushes or something?" Carter smiled. "Actually we're supposed to be going over the play for the game this week, but I like this idea better!" He came and sat down in the chair across from Montreal. 

A puppy.

A damn over-grown puppy is what he is.

-

-

Joshua awakens to find himself on his pallet on the floor dressed in warm clothing. How unusual. The apartment was unnaturally quiet as well. Strange. Strange, unusual things have been happening to him ever since that morning. What time even was it?

He got up on unstable legs and staggered his way through the apartment. It was uncharacteristically empty.
I was alone.

The clock on the stove said that it was 3:45. So, I was out for an hour and 45 minutes. I would know since Montreal gets home from school everyday at 2:00. I crept into my mom's room, heart pounding in my chest. She wasn't there. I quickly rummaged through the dresser to find some sweatpants. They were comfortable. Surely not as freeing as the boxers and robe, but that was comforting.

My body was still trembling as I searched for the cellphone she took away from me.  Luckily after a few minutes and some panting, I found it at the bottom of her wardrobe.
Unfortunately there were only a few bars left on the battery so I quickly texted Montreal.

I wanted him to meet me on the balcony and maybe we could come up with some safe way to get me across. I couldn't use the door just in case she was waiting outside for me.
I sucked in a large breath before I crept out of the apartment. When I got outside I was shocked to find someone else on his balcony.

"Oh, hi there!" An attractive dark skinned boy greeted me with an kind smile. It was the kind of smile that would instantly make you smile back because it was just so contagious.

But I wasn't feeling well so I couldn't even if I wanted to.

"Uh, hi. Do you know Montreal?" "Oh Monte? Of course! He invited me over. Do you want him-" "No, that's alright." I was twitching. Could it be, that she drugged me with something? Or was this just anixety?