Slamming my book shut, perhaps a little too loudly with the way my teacher is glaring at me, I shove it into my backpack and bolt out of the room.

Sighing, I meander my way down the halls, taking my time since we have ten minutes between each period. Mrs. Sanders, an older woman with graying hair, old, gnarly, wrinkled hands, and pale skin, has the pleasure of owning the most annoying voice droning on and on about the specifics for the new essay we have to write. Basically speaking, we have to write a five paragraph essay on a fond childhood memory we have and then explain why it is important. Poor, poor Percy. I know he has English with her fifth period, which is his least favorite class, and his dyslexia definitely doesn't help him either.

Entering the classroom, I take a seat in the back of the room, as far away from the teacher's desk as I can possibly get. After the rest of the class enters, Mrs. Sanders tells us what to do and how to do it, writing all the instructions neatly on the board.

I sigh in relief when class is finally over because I swear that class always seems to take hours for it to end, even though I know that in reality classes are only about an hour long. Thankfully, all I had out was a piece of paper for my rough draft and a pencil, so I quickly put the pencil in my supply pouch and the paper in the tab labeled 'English' in my binder. Leaving the room quickly afterwards, I head towards my locker to replace my supplies and meet up with Percy.

Shoving my stuff inside my bag, I grab out my Science supplies and my lunch, which is inside a brown, paper bag, Percy joins me a second later, exchanging his own stuff before turning to me. "So, how were English and History?" I give him a sympathetic look before saying,

"Well, in History we just learned about a war or something or another."

Percy snorted. "And you're telling me to pay attention in class?"

I roll my eyes and ignore him. "In English you have to write an essay." His smile dropped from his face and he groaned in annoyance. The bell rings and I shout, "See you later!" before walking off to Science class.

Entering the classroom, I take a seat in the back of the room and automatically grab out my Science notebook, a pencil, and a highlighter for note taking. The teacher, a young man with wavy dark hair, emerald green eyes, and lightly tanned skin named Mr. Richards, begins talking about atoms and energy and other useless information after the rest of the class enters the room. I take notes diligently, making lots of shortcuts in the process as I try to keep up with his fast pace. When the bell rings, I quickly put my supplies away and sling my backpack over my shoulder.

Walking out the classroom door, I walk through the hallways to the back of the school so as to meet up with Percy. Spotting him leaning against a tall, large, Oak tree, a brown, paper bag on his lap, a smile adorns my face and I head his way.

Sitting down next to him, I set my bag next to me and dig through it to grab out my own lunch. "So, how were your classes?" Percy just huffed and rolled his eyes, causing me to snort in amusement. "Okay, let me ask you this instead. Did you even pay attention in your classes?"

Percy just smiled innocently at me, "I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about."

"Mhmm. Suuuuure. I assume that means you won't need help with your homework, right?" He froze and stared at me, narrowing his eyes slightly.

Eventually he huffs and backs down. "Fine, fine, okay? You win..." he muttered.

Smiling smugly, I take out my peanut butter and jelly sandwich, a chocolate chip cookie, and an apple. Unwrapping the sandwich, I begin to scarf the food down as Percy takes out his own food; a simple salami and cream cheese sandwich, a small bag of blueberries, and a mini vanilla flavored cupcake.