Eighteen

now before you all start shipping wars...Alyss will NOT be with any of the Mikaelsons and she will NOT be with Remus.
Do you understand me?
Get it? Got it? Good.

eighteen

"Remus?"

"Hmm?"

Alyss wandered into the lounge room to see the werewolf sitting on the couch, watching a slumbering Harry in his little cot. The distant, glazed over look in his eye made the blonde frown with sympathy. She had lost many a friend to time and war.

'The greater good' left a horrid taste in her mouth.

The Original pursed her lips for a second before an idea struck her, "When the Mikaelsons and I were human, we would always play Find and Snatch. I know children do it a lot these times too, usually at birthday parties where they're given a list of things to find."

The wolf turned to look at her, an expression of confusion on his lightly scarred face.

"It was always a competition to see who could gather the most of the objects within a certain amount of time," Alyss's voice started to drift off, her memories falling back in the past. The blonde suddenly shook her head to rid herself of the cloud.

She turned back to the wolf, "You grew up with this boy, so if you were to scent him, you could find him, yes?"

Still quiet, Remus nodded slowly then tilted his head when Alyss grinned, a grin similar to the one he had seen on one of Sirius's cousins, "How about you and I go look for this boy? Four heads are better than two. Besides, I always love a good race."

"But what about your game?"

Her grin spread wider, "We will snatch this boy right out from under Nik and Siri's noses."

:3

"Ive never had much luck with children, Alyss. Let alone babies."

The blonde scoffed, cupping Elijah's cheeks as she stared down at him, "You say that, but you practically raised your younger siblings."

"No, no, that was all you, it's why Esther and Mikael adored you so much."

She rolled her eyes, then kissed the suit wearing Mikaelson's forehead, "I know you can do it, dear one. Remus and I won't be long. Between him and myself, we will most likely be back before the week is out."

"It is Wednesday, Alyss," Elijah whined, but if anyone were to say he did such a thing...they would be without their heads in seconds.

"Then we'll be back quick then, won't we?"

Honestly, the Mikaelson was almost feeling like a teen again. The way Alyss was talking to him, her tone, her words, the look on her face. Not that he was complaining.

"There are few I trust, Elijah. And here I stand, trusting you to look after my grandson," a loving smile caressed her face as a soft look took hold of his.

"For you, dear sister, anything."

Alyssandra's beam turned into another wide grin before she kissed his forehead again then turned to an awkward looking Remus, "Ready, darling?"

The wolf nodded with a crooked smile and it made the blonde scoff, pinching his cheek, "You're such an adorable puppy, my God. I'm definitely going to keep you."

She then took the small toy dog from her pocket and, grabbing a blushing wolf's hand, softly called, "Godric's Hollow."

:3

"Explain it to me once more."

"Jeesh, would it kill you to say please?"

Klaus levelled a small glare at his nephew, who gave an innocent grin back, fluttering his eyelashes and the Mikaelson couldn't help but see his mother staring back at him.

The two were walking along the deserted streets of the small town where James and Lily had lived...and died.

"What we will need to do is drain away Esther's curse from the moonstone. To do that, since the moonstone is sort of connected to you, embedded deep inside you, we'll have to push you magically to the brink of actual death to get rid of it."

The Mikaelson frowned slightly, still a little stuck on what his nephew was trying to explain and it made Sirius sigh, questioning his uncle's intellect and how he was related to his mother.

"Think of it like this then, the first curse is a living breathing creature feeding off your wolf because you are alive and it keeps it chained up and locked away inside you. However, this curse wouldn't have any reason to exist if the host is dead, now would it? Get it now?"

"Ah yes. I do. But how are you going to 'almost' kill me?" Klaus ran his eyes over the desolate landscape, the barren roads and the empty homes.

The young wizard waved away the question, "Mum and me have gone into my family vaults and we found something. It's a powerful Dark object riddled with oodles of dangerous magic that can help you out."

"What about the other curse?"

Sirius raised an eyebrow at the Original who then rolled his eyes.

"Please, tell me about the other curse."

The shit eating grin he received...

"We figured out that when you turn the wolves, you'll need the doppelganger's blood to complete their transitions into hybrids."

Klaus growled deep in his throat and Sirius didn't really need to think on whether his uncle was pissed or not. Cause he was.

It took a few moments of them continuing to walk through the town, the Black Heir's eyes darting everywhere to look for any kind of movement, for the Mikaelson to calm down. Which he did. Thank God.

"Knowing my sister," how strange it felt to say that when referring to Alyss, after so long thinking she was dead, "She's already trying to figure out a way to fix that, too.

"Oh, yeah. Me and Mum have gone over it a few times to see if we can come up with something yet. No luck so far, but we're getting there."