Twelve

updated the collages I made for Sirius and Harry....check 'em out....

twelve

Remus was oddly hesitant of the woman standing in front of him with a soft, motherly smile. Honestly, the beautiful blonde didn't look much older than him and Sirius.

She took a tentative step towards the werewolf, taller than him by a few inches. He had been the tallest of his three friends, and this woman could just about tuck his head under her chin.

The young man narrowed his eyes slightly, trying to see any resemblance to Sirius. He could, but only a few similarities caught his sharp gaze.

"You've had a rough couple days, I know, Remus," her voice was soothing and gentle, "Siri is just as bad, almost more so. Minerva too-"

"She's with you?" The werewolf spluttered, his eyebrows flying up his forehead.

"Minerva and I have known since you were in fourth year," Alyss smiled, wearing an amused expression.

"Are they okay?"

"Are you?"

With a growing look of defeat, Remus seemed to collapse in on himself and he didn't have time to think before the blonde, his now only friend's mother, had her arms wrapped around him in the tightest, most warmest hug that he had received in so long.

"Everything has just fallen apart and I can't thank you enough for taking them," the werewolf mumbled into the side of her neck, her scent filling his mind, "I don't want to think of what could have happened if you didn't."

Alyss smiled sadly, seeing the ashen walls, the burnt toys and the broken crib, "I don't want to think of it either, love. But what could have happened, isn't going to now, do you hear me?" She leaned back to cup the side of his face, feeling the immediate sense of déjà vu, "Harry is safe. Sirius is safe. You are safe."

:3

He was stirred from his sleep from a hand that was shaking his shoulder. It wasn't rough, but it wasn't exactly pleasant either.

"Sirius Black," the familiar voice was exasperated and annoyed, "for Merlin's wake up."

The young wizard blinked wearily to see the frowning face of his former professor, "Minnie?"

Her lips quirked with amusement as she straightened up, now becoming stern and severe, "I understand you are not my student anymore Mr Black, but please do make yourself presentable and meet me the kitchen. Now."

Minerva walked out of the room.

Sirius was very, very, tempted to go back to sleep, but he had the feeling that she'd probably hex him into oblivion and his mother would have said he probably deserved it anyway. He sighed and sat up, stretching his arms and shoulders with a satisfying crack.

Waking up sucks.

:3

The black haired man had his eyes closed as he trudged into the kitchen, yawning as he found the slightly greying witch sipping on a cup of tea.

"Where's Ma?" Sirius slurred lightly as threw himself into a stool and splaying over the tabletop, his face turned to look at her, his cheek pressed to the wood.

Minerva raised an eyebrow, "Alyssandra has gone back to Godric's Hollow. It seems Mr Lupin has found your mirror."

His head shot up, a very dangerous glint sparking in his silver eyes, "What?" the young man growled.

"He had no idea about Dumbledore's plan, as being who and what he is, Remus would have done anything to protect you, James, Lily and Harry," Minerva placed her hand over his clenched fist, "But Peter. I'm so sorry, Sirius, that he believed all of that old fool's words and betrayed you. A true friend would have done no such thing."

Sirius drew in a deep breath and closed his eyes, "I sorta knew that already."

His head fell to the table, his forehead hitting the wood with a loud thump, "Ow," he mumbled dishearteningly.

:3

He was closing in on Mystic Falls, less than two hours away when he called his brother again. What was the point of meeting someone of interest when he had no idea where they lived?

'Niklaus.'

"Uh, dear brother! How lovely it is to hear your voice. Are you sleeping okay? Are you eating healthy?"

Klaus could feel Elijah rolling his eyes.

"I'm just calling to find out where I'm supposed to meeting you and your mystery woman. I'm intrigued, no doubt, but..." the younger Original clenched his teeth, "if I find out this a trap, I have a silver dagger with your name on it."

:3

On the other side of the phone, Elijah had just saved that stupid self sacrificing doppelgänger and her pet Salvatore.

He was annoyed and really didn't need his sarcasm or his threats, "Believe me when I tell you this is not some trick to lure you to Mystic Falls, Niklaus."

'Well, that's nice to know, brother. But I need directions...'

Elijah brushed down his suit with his empty hand, "I will meet you at the centre of town and I will take you to her. I don't trust how you will react."

:3

"Good evening, brother dear." Kraus grinned mischievously at Elijah, who wore a dark scowl.

The dirty blond slammed the car door shut before he waltzed up to the taller, suit wearing Original. Probably shouldn't have gotten so close, because the first hung Elijah did back the poor hybrid.

Klaus hit the tree a few feet away, slightly moving his jaw then smirked at his brother, "Nice to see you too."

The older vampire straightened his jacket, "Did you really throw our siblings into the sea?"

The younger's face lost its smug look, "No, Elijah. I didn't."

His brother nodded, more so to himself. He spun around, walking to his own car, sleek and gleaming in the afternoon sunlight, "Come."

:3

Minerva stood from the table, finished with her tea and taking the cup and saucer to the sink to wash them. She faced her former student, "I know we are in America now, Sirius, but I still don't trust Albus. So I think it is in everyone's best interest that we ward your mother's home before he attempts to find us."

The young man nodded, "Yeah. Sure, Minnie let's do that before Ma gets home."

Just as they were about to leave the kitchen, they heard the sound of a car pulling up in front of Alyss's home.