27 ↝ A Fish Out Of Water

"When she's alone,
she goes home to a cactus,
In a black dress, she's such an actress,
Driving me crazy, but I'm into it,"
Kiwi — Harry Styles

"When she's alone, she goes home to a cactus,In a black dress, she's such an actress,Driving me crazy, but I'm into it," Kiwi — Harry Styles

"Kye, we went over this a million times," I whine, rubbing my cheek frustratedly as I peer down at the textbook that's laid out between us.

"I'm sorry." He pouts, pushing his blonde hair away from his forehead. "This class fucks me up."

"Guernica is the painting by Picasso that was inspired by bombings in the Spanish War. The Primavera painting is something else entirely." I say, pointing to the paragraph in the textbook.

"Oh." He huffs. "Right."

"Don't worry." I pat his arm assuringly. "You'll get the hang of it."

He nods in response, continuing to read the textbook. I lean back against my seat, sipping on my lemonade as I look around the campus café. Kye and I are in our group's usual spot, where I agreed to meet up with him and help him with some coursework. It's nearing 6pm, and since most classes are over, the café is packed.

"You ready for the party this weekend?" Kye questions, flipping a page. He has a pencil between his teeth, he's been occasionally taking it out to mark something and placing it right back.

"Friday yeah?"

"Yeah." He confirms. "You're leaving for England on Saturday?"

"Yeah, Saturday night." I clarify. "I can come to the party.:

"Fuck yes." Kye cheers, dropping his pencil, the work forgotten. "Let's get wasted."

"Haven't gotten wasted in awhile." I try to recall the last time, and wince inwardly when I remember it was the night of the assault. Composing myself, I clear my throat. "But, yeah. Let's."

"I'm starving." He sighs, shutting his textbook. "I can't concentrate."

"Then let's grab a bite to eat." I say, turning around in my chair to squint at the menu hanging over the cashier, but he stops me.

"No, not from here. I'm sick of eating half sized shit, I want a proper meal man. The gym sessions are making me extra hungry." Kye groans, leaning back on his chair. I chew my bottom lip, thinking.

"I can cook up something for you, if you'd like." I offer, and immediately Kye's face lights up.

"Really?"

"Yeah." I smile. "I'm craving a proper meal too."

"We actually got a bunch of groceries yesterday to the soccer house sent by the team nutritionist." He says, packing up his things and I start doing so too. "We can cook there."

"Sounds good. You go ahead, I'll drop by the dorm, leave my books and grab a change of clothes and walk back." I quip, getting to my feet just as Kye does.