25 ↝ Little Wolf

"You and me here in this room
Imagining things we could do
Won't tell no lies, no lies to you."
Vibez - ZAYN

⚠️ TW: mention of abuse
& sexual assault ⚠️

I never thought I'd find a guy driving a car attractive, but here I am.

Watching Hunter speed through the night, both his hands gripping the steering wheel causing his biceps to flex slightly underneath the fitting material of his black shirt, is strangely satisfying. He'd decided to take his mom's Range Rover instead of his own Audi for some reason.

We've been silent ever since we got into the car, the music playing from the radio the only thing breaking the silence. We're on a road that ran through the middle of woodland, the trees blurring together as we zip past them. I have no idea where we're going, and I don't feel the need to ask. After a few more moments of us driving down the straight road that seems to stretch endlessly, Hunter takes a turn into a smaller road leading into the woods.

I remain silent, playing with my fingers, looking out the window as we go. Seconds later, we emerge from the woods into a small clearing that seems to be on top of a small hill. Hunter parks the car just a few feet away from the edge, and I can see the small town of Huntington stretching out below from the windscreen.

Hunter gets out, and I mimic his actions. My sneakers sink into the few inches of snow on the ground, and the icy air brushes against my cheeks as I step forward to get a closer look of the view.  It's breathtakingly beautiful, and quiet, except for the rustling of the trees by the wind. The sky is vast above us, full of stars, and the full moon is glowing, casting rays of silver across everything my eyes could see.

Another breeze brushes past me, and I can feel the goosebumps rising on my exposed arms and legs. I mentally scold myself for not grabbing a jacket on the way out.  I swivel around to see what Hunter's doing. He's in the midst of opening up the boot, and he pulls out a paper bag, followed by a blanket. The boot slams shut, and he walks over to me, to stand by the side of the passenger seat.

"Come on." He speaks, his voice low, and he gets on his tiptoes, placing the bag and blanket carefully on the roof of the vehicle, and turns to me expectantly.

I swallow. "What?"

"Get on the roof."

"Um, okay." I step forward hesitantly, having no idea how I'm going to even reach up there.

I'm about to turn around and voice my concerns when I feel his hands grip my waist, swivelling me around to face him. My jaw slacks from surprise, and he looks down at me, gaze burning into mine as he hoists me up easily, as if I'm made of cotton, setting me on the roof of the car in sitting position.

Before I can react to anything, he circles back to the driver's side and opens the door, ducking inside. Letting out a breath, I pull my legs up and sit with my legs crossed, rubbing my hands across my arms to warm myself.

The view from up here is grander.

Soft music begins playing from the car underneath me, Hunter has switched on the radio.

He throws a hoodie on to the roof as well, before hoisting himself up, and he settles down next to me, our bodies inches apart. "Here."

Hunter drops the hoodie onto my lap, and I take it slowly, feeling slightly embarrassed. It's a grey hoodie, made of woollen material. I pull it on, the instant warmth providing me relief, along with the aroma of his scent.