Chapter 2

"How did he find out?!" Dream shouted angrily.

"Well... after you left, we waited for Nightmare to come back but after like 20 minutes, he haven't came back," Cross explained. "So we decided to go find him. We found the roses he was picking behind a tree near us. So..."

"He must have overheard our conversation and ran for it," Error interrupted Cross. "We teleported back to the Meme Squad base to look for him but we were too late. We found our picture frame broken. Nightmare left."

"Ugh, you both wait there, the others and I will come to you," said Dream, rubbing his forehead.

"Got it," said the betrayers.

Dream called Ink and Blue to come to his office. He quickly explained the situation and they all teleported to Cross and Error.

Meanwhile with Nightmare.

The purple eye light skeleton had climbed down the tree and started wandering around. He just teleported to a random forest so he decided to just explore a little.

With the others...

"Where do you guys think he could be at?" Blue asked.

"On a tree," said Ink sarcastically while rolling his eye lights.

"Wait... I think your right, Ink," Error said. "Nightmare loves climbing trees."

"Oh that's a good clue," said Blue. "All we have to do is search all the tress in the whole wide multiverse to find him!"

Everyone sighed. Where could they find the negative skeleton?

Suddenly, Cross had an idea. "I think I know where he is."

Nightmare was eating some chocolate. It was supposed to be a present for Cross but since his so called best friend betrayed him, the chocolate doesn't deserve to be eaten by that monochrome skeleton.

Nightmare turned around, he heard the snapping sound of a twig. He summoned his staff. He felt exceptionally nervous and cautious.

"Who's there?!" he shouted.

"Oh so you don't remember your old friends?"

Nightmare froze in place, "Oh no..." he thought. Fear shivered down his spine realizing who it was.

"Hello, Nightmare," said Dream as he emerged from the trees with Ink, Blue, Cross and Error. They all had a weapon in their hand. Dream had his claymore, Ink had his giant paintbrush, Cross with his giant knife and Blue and Error with their strings.

Nightmare was filled with hate and sadness. The negative aura around him made him feel so much stronger. It actually matches Dream's positive aura!

"First Dream betrayed me now my two best friends as well?! Well... time for payback!"

Nightmare turned his staff into a scythe. It shocked the others. Nightmare started running towards the group, starting to attack them. They all started dodging. Nightmare was much faster than usual. Nightmare kept on swinging his scythe around, trying to hit them.

"Aww... stop moving! Let me hit you!" Nightmare shouted sarcastically.

After an extreme fight, everyone was tuckered out, especially Nightmare. Dream took his chance and swung his claymore at Nightmare.

Nightmare quickly dodged it but it accidentally cut his leg a little.

"Why you-" Nightmare dodged another attack from Dream. The others gained their energy and went to help Dream.

Nightmare knew the situation was bad so he started running away. The other skeletons chased after the guardian of negativity. Usually Nightmare was able to run fast but his leg was injured.

The group was catching up to him. He quickly summoned enough magic and created a portal. He ran through the portal without any hesitation.

The portal closed before any of the others could go through.

Nightmare could hear Dream screamed, "God Dammit!"

He felt no ground beneath him, he felt himself moving downwards. He realized he was falling down.

"Oof!"

Something broke his fall. Nightmare was exhausted from fighting so he decided to just close his eyes for a second.

Then everything went blank.