Chapter 2

"You want me to go in the snow?" I questioned as mother wrapped my scarf around my head.

"We have to go to town and buy some food. I can not get you anything, make it go faster" She smirked at me.

"Ha! Your so funny" I moved fixing the scarf on my neck as she pulled on her heavy coat.

"Just a few things to be safe" She continued ''Mostly meats we have been low for a while now"

''Right, so why am I coming?" I looked at the temperature lower as my mother pulled down her hat.

"You wanna go hungry for a whole week? I can only carry so much and your Father is out with friends"

Shoving open the door we were met with a foot of snow.

My legs tensed from the cool breeze following mom out.

Mom's laughter filled the car as I clenched my seat. The roads were bumpy and slick from the snow.

"It's not that bad drama queen" She covered her mouth as the other steered.

"I told you not to bring me!"

"I'm glad I did your making the trip so much better" Her eyes looked back to the road as the snow continued down.

A large bump made my arms fly as I clenched the head of my seat. "You did that on purpose" I snapped as she roared with laughter.

''What the point in having a silly boy if you can't tease him. You act like your uncle when he was your age"

I looked out the windshield as snow grew heavier making it harder to make out the street signs.

"Mom seriously calm down your going really fast" I looked at the mileage going higher to the fifties.

Calming herself she moved her foot off the gas slowly down the car. Her laughter dying down as she focused on the road. "Jordan we are completely safe it's not my first snow storm"

"Yeah well do that with Dad. At least he can handle a car crash" I narrowed my eyes at her grinning face.

"Sure Jo I'm just waiting to crash the car in the freezing cold snow! Just don't haunt me from beyond the grave" She tensed her shoulders dramatically giving the best scared expression possible.

"Your dam...I mean Dang right" I shut my mouth avoiding the mom look.

"You know I heard tha-"

Her words stopped as the car jerked forward as the breaks screeched as the car began to swerving on the right stopping on the snow covered ground.

Looking around I almost missed mom unbuckle her seatbelt shoving open the car door.

Before I could do the same she turned giving me a deadly look. ''Stay in the car and get out the throw blanket from the backseat" Before I could ask why she shut the door and I saw her stomping her way through the snow.

I quickly moved between the seats and reached to the old brown blanket in the back. Looking through the back window the sight of two figures was visible.

Two figures came as at a slow rate before the taller figure opened the back door revealing my mother.

''Watch out Jordan she's hurt" She shoved me in the front as a new person fell in the back.

The person's face was covered by long jet black hair holding their side. Heavy breathes left their mouth as my mom helped their feet in a feral position.

"Jordan blanket" She barked at me. I handed it to her.

My mother tucked in the person before going to the front.

We both got seated as she quickly started the car and drove us home.