Chapter 1

"That's the last of it!" A toss of the wood to the wagon made me leap out of my seat.

I held the wagon giving the best shove I could before a pair of bigger ones took hold.

Meeting sight of the large man I gave an annoyed scowl. "I'm not little Dad let me push"

The sound of his heavy laughter and ruffle of hair told me he thought the opposite.

"When you are big enough to lift my axe you shove this wagon" With a nod I rolled my eyes following him to the garage.

Smiling to my mother she offered me a cup of hot milk to me and my father.

"Last I checked we have wood until next winter" She teased as I pressed the closing button for the garage.

''Blizzard is coming soon and the fireplace eats the wood like a glutton in a pie eating contest" A laugh left my dad as he nodded to the entrance of our kitchen.

Jogging inside I noticed the pipping hot meal waiting for us as I sat tempted to scarf down every bit. Before my mom's voice made me stiffen.

''Jordan, You can wait do you want a bad supper if it's not prayed over."

Watching them settle I shoved my hands in a prayer hold rolling my eyes. "Hey no rolling eyes you don't want lighting to hit the house do you?" My Father asked grinning to me as I slouched in my seat.

"If I can eat faster yes" I mumbled.

"Watch the mouth or your eating with the wolves"

"Can we just pray already? My food will be cold"

After our bickering we finally prayed a short prayer and began eating. My school was out due to heavy snow and my Dad has been teaching me handy tricks like cutting wood. Unfortunately being thirteen I had trouble with the heavy wooden axe.

My Father was a very big man he was a good six foot three and was the exact image of a woodsman. Heavy beard. Jolly laugh and could drink a good ten beer jugs before getting buzzed.

I always tease it's his big gut.

My mother was just a slim woman who enjoyed a peaceful day inside with a good book. So having a blizzard coming soon she was excited to catch up on all the stories she hasn't had a chance to read.

I on the other hand was bored as hell. Nobody to hang out with and the house was so quiet.

We didn't have television because dad feels I need to be more focused on school and learning things from home. He mostly talks about a camp he wants me to attend one day but he said it spoil it if he told me.

I just wished that the snow calm itself down or something come to help me not be board of it.