Chapter 11 - Harrison Blake

**Harrison's POV** #WEEK 2

It was a ridiculous event, it didn't need to happen, but Liv's been gone a week and two days (not that I'm counting) and Luke is already going crazy. The air at work today was crispy, Joe hasn't spoken to Luke, and Luke hasn't spoken to anyone, tension is running high.

Haynes called Luke into his office the next day after rumours emerged it was because Joe hit him, and it was provoked. Joe attended the meeting, Luke didn't, which helps to fuel Joes side of the argument, and his hate for Luke.

Things were getting out of hand, whereas Jackson and I Stayed well out of it.

"Mate, mate spit it into this one!!" Jackson laughed as I chewed up the wrapper and spat it through my lips into the bin nearest the door.

"WEHEYYYY" We both shouted leaping up out of our chairs and high giving each other like school kids who'd just scored a goal in a football game.

"Mate that was a good one" I laughed falling back into my chair and grabbing the Bino's before spinning around to look out of the hut window. Luckily I hadn't been pratting around for long.

"Deano there's a boy just out at backpackers, really struggling, can you see him?" I stated over the radio.

"Got it" was all Deano could manage before saw him getting Into the water, rescue board in tow to reach the boy.

"Hutz saves the day again" I flexed my biceps and laugh as I turned to look at a focused Jackson.

"What's up bud?" He'd suddenly gone very quiet, he'd been quiet most of the morning but I hadn't asked. That's the problem with Liv not being here, we could confide In Liv and trust her when we talked to her about our feelings, We all felt a little absorbed in out problems right now for there was no one to talk to about them. A woman's touch aye?

No Liv? Nothing solved.

"Yeah mate, just girlfriend issues" he shrugged sitting back in his seat.

"You can talk to me about you know? Bro to bro? I know Liv isn't here but I can always put on a high pitched voice and wear a wig?" We laughed together as I acted out how I think Liv would walk and mimicked how she'd talk.

"You're a twat mate" Jackson choked as he laughed back into his seat so hard he was nearly suffocating. All of a sudden there was a commotion over the radio and Jackson & snapped back into action. It was something neither of us had even expected

"What's the sitch, over??" I radioed panicked.

"CPR AT NORTH SIDE GET THE DEFIBRILLATOR DOWN HERE NOW"

Within seconds my heart was in my throat, a resuscitation, someone was dead on our beach and it was our job to bring them back, and just like that it was all slow motion to me. I leapt up out of my seat and ran for the responder bag with the Defib and Oxygen in and ran, I ran like my life depended on it, like someone else's life depended on it.

Jumping into the quad with Jackson by my side, neither of us said a word as the wind and sand ripped through our hair and nipped at our skin. When we reached North Side we watched as the misery unfolded in front of us, and I registered the body, the small body, the panicked mother, hysterical, being told to step back whilst her son was being given chest compressions.

Chest compressions will always break ribs, and there's nothing worse than having someone else's fragile body under your control, but worst of all causing more damage in hope of bringing back something worth while, life. But especially to a young child, a young boy, someone's son, someone's grandchild, brother, cousin. It was always worth it.