10: Better Be Absent Than Tardy

Lexi

[Chapter 10: Better Be Absent Than Tardy]

A week has passed, the rumors died down and my old life is nearly back to normal. Why I say nearly? Well, Zach is a friend again though Shelby is a different story.

I like this better than the normal life I lived in. Who would not like the idea of having the popular Zach and team captain Jake be at your side.

“Lex” my sister cried from the kitchen. I am in the middle of fixing my jet black hair to a messy updo.

“Yeah” I shouted back.

I heard some footsteps and the bedroom door swung widely, “We’re going to be late, hurry up, will you?”

I glanced at Emery spraying a good amount of burberry brit perfume. My sister was ready to go in her girly navy blue sundress - nice pick - while I’m rocking the black skinnies and peach crop top.

“Yeah yeah” standing up the vanity table and swinging my school bag on my right shoulder.

We descend from the set of stairs, and Ems went straight to our white Volvo where Liam was waiting - spread in the backseat.

While I shuffled to the kitchen for some quick breakfast, “Hey mom”

Anna is seated in the dining chair near the hallway, “Good morning honey, here have some of these” she handed me a fresh homemade chocolate cupcake.

Gobbling the small piece of treat I finish it in my new best record of twenty seconds, “Thanks mom, we better get going, Ems is wound up today” I mumbled.

Turning to the front door Anna countered, “Sure is, take care the three of you”

“Alright”

I closed the huge main door, jogging and nearly tripping for the driver seat, “Let’s go”

Emery clicked the radio and glared at me, “It’s 8.”

I shrugged, swerving out our driveway, “You should’ve woke me up earlier then”

I’m a heavy sleeper I admit that, but she could’ve nagged me more than once just to assure that I woke up right.

“Your alarm is banging four in the morning and you didn’t even twitched one bit” She countered certainly pissed.

“Ems, why so fumed today?” I asked not minding her argument.

“Then some pranks are sure to wake you up” She nodded to herself.

“Hey cut the pranks, I’ll choke you to death if that happens again.” I sent her a glance and focus on the road opposite us.

This is not a normal day - as they didn’t have any evil plans but at least I get to be absolved of the brutal ways.

She just shrugged and glared at the passing trees and houses, in her own bubble. There’s gotta be something; a little late isn’t that bad as I’m concerned.

Just as we pass Cruffle Trinkles, my sister’s phone rang,

So it’s gonna be forever

Or it’s gonna go down in flames

But she managed to listen in Taylor’s new tune over answering the caller..