7: Time-Chaser

Lexi

[Chapter 7: Time-Chaser]

I entered the library and walked on the left aisle, seeing Shelby was already seated. "Hey Shelby" I whispered as I dragged the seat next to her and settle myself down.

It was Tuesday morning and Mrs. Guffrey is out saying it's 'Poetry-making time'.

Shelby lifted her head whipping her hair on my face in the process. I closed my eyes, ouch, I will cut you bald!

"Okay, you start." She said in her sleepy voice. Why on earth is Shelby tired? I don't give a dang.

I opened my backpack, got a pen and paper and started doing a very cheesy and boring poem all about - life.

Writing for like about an hour, I was all out of thoughts; I am all drained mentally like all the brain cells I have - if I even still have one - popped up like bubbles and balloons. "Uh, hey, might want to help for the third part? I'm out of interesting ideas."

Shelby was filing her purple manicured nails, yeah, she is a great big help of a partner! She looked at her pink and white cute yet sophisticating star motif Baby G, "Well, it's 10 to lunch, so... let's wrap up and you finish it at home."

I'm not her minion, I'm telling you that, I scoffed internally "You finish it." I declared handing her the half-done poem.

She giggled, "Okay, I'll get you a deal you can't refuse,.." she continued in a very serious tone and expression, "I will make two parts later and send it to you, sounds great?"

That's easy, I thought Shelby is that kind who just leave everything to her group mates, or partner in this case. I nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, I think that's fine, so I'll just edit the whole thing and give you the final speech by Friday." I was about to fix my things and walk to the cafeteria when she smirked at someone who passed behind me.

"Hey Zachie!" she merrily sung as she stood up from her seat and swayed to Zach's way. Awkward.

I turned my head, "Hi Zach" I was stunned, he was in his dark washed jeans, grey V-neck shirt and his DC shoes. He was...I don't know, hot? Maybe.

"Shelby, how's your poem going?" he asked showing his lovely smile and ignoring me exclusively.

I don't trust my voice to come out strong and steady that is why I just shrugged and looked down. Shelby cling on to his right arm like a monkey would do to trees. "Doing great. Let us go to the cafeteria babe, I'm hungry." She complained with a frown.

"Let's go" he turned his back while his monkey girl threw daggers of glare to me and marched their way to the lunch room.

I fixed my things and went to exit the silent library.

Zach is one hell of a cold soul apparently. And I'm not too sure until when would he act so icy.

Darling I will, be loving you, till we're seventy

Baby my heart, could still fall as hard at twenty three...

My phone rang, I rummage my bag and held it on my ear.

"Hello?" I asked confused, I'm in school so I got no idea who will call me in the middle of class. Well, lucky it's lunch or else I'll get death glares from my teacher.

"Lexi! Where are you?"

"Shane! Why are you calling? I'm at school, of course." I chuckled lightly. I needed someone to talk to after that Shelby enrage me in the simplest ways.