6: Flashbacks

Lexi

[Chapter 6: Flashbacks]

"Ms. Morgan! See you in detention." Mrs. Devine snarled.

"Huh?" I suddenly woke up in my nap and raised my head.

She glared at me, "Don't let me repeat myself again."

I was never her target and Calculus was one of my best assets, but what would you expect from me? I am still dead tired after last night's party.

I tried my best to open my eyes again as my calculus teacher continued her discussion of computing limits. "Let f and g be two real or complex functions.  Suppose that there exist the limits... " I frowned thinking that I will stay for an hour while doing absolutely nothing - just to serve detention.

Mrs. Devine is the stereotypical model of a 'terror teacher'. She walks with her head held high and her glare meant real deal. For some reasons, I love Calculus and I like how she discipline us but, hey, - I got special reasons. Though I can't tell her that, she would probably give me a week's detention.

I felt a tap on my right arm, "Are you okay?"

Grace might have sensed my very weary state. "I didn't have enough sleep last night, I'm just exhausted."

My friend nodded and carried on with her note taking. Not being in my right state, I just gathered my attention on what Mrs. Devine is wearing not bothering to listen to her discussion.

She had her white bob hair combed in a decent way; the shirt beneath her unbuttoned blazer was smoothly ironed matching her cream knee-length pencil skirt. Her eyebrows were perfectly plucked whe-

"That's all for today, but please be reminded that we'll be having an exam next meeting." Mrs. Devine interrupted. The class stood up and walked out the door, heading to our next class which is English with Mrs. Guffrey.

Better. Mrs. Guffrey was a lot more considerate than Mrs. Devine, I bet it's because of their age differences. I was much keen on the thought of going to next period.

Grace and I fixed our things and strode out the room side by side. "Lexi, what happened to you last night?"

Hugging my books I responded, "Last night was the 30th anniversary of the company my dad works for and we went for the celebration. That's it."

We were pacing the hallway when Grace abruptly stopped, "A party, tell me about it! Let's walk to the restroom first" I nodded and smiled, "Alright,"

Marching down the hall for the comfort room I babbled about the other night. "Okay so, yesterday was-"

FLASHBACK (Narration)

Well, last night was really a blast.

My father is the Chief Marketing Director in the company he works in and that company happens to host a ground breaking party every decade.

I've met his boss, and he was very friendly and approachable!

I've also met some known people in which I was so amazed.

Other than that, I met people from different part of the world! They happen to work in the marketing department, under the supervision of my father.

The dinner party was one of a kind. Their menu lineup was incredible; food presentation as well as servers looked so great. Long gown are everywhere and the setting was one hell of an experience for me. It's outdoor which permits you to savor the night's breeze.