12: Girl's Night Out and Sleep Over

Lexi

[Chapter 12: Girl's Night Out And Sleepover]

Last night was one of the best nights.

Who would think a group of popular yet definitely crazy teenagers step to a 'Teacup' and have so much fun out of it? Believe me, dinner and a couple of swigs made the whole crew blowing the kiddie ride to a death trap - a couple of water balloons and, obviously, water did the trick.

Another thing, Zach had this protective aura on me and Jax, oh that boy is plain irresistible. After the Pop the Balloon performance, Mr. Heir went a bit distant and gone before all of us did, saying something urgent caught up at home and stuffs. That leaves me with Zach, Jake and Emery.

That's when the lunch bell rang, breaking me out of my puddle of recollections.

As usual, Grace and I treaded for the busy cafeteria.

Grace was not in the mood of anything outgoing. The bestie I have beside me is in depth of deep depression this time of the day, where the sun is on its peak!

"Spill" I muttered to the walking zombie. Undoubtedly, my girlfriend and her lover boy had some kind of a fight; she won't sulk like this if they haven't.

Her disheartened eyes diverted from the cemented floor to send me a glimpse, "Lucas..." she trailed and I thought of adding just for the gist of it, "Is a dirtbag"

"Lexi,.. we fought alright... he is so stupid," At last you see the light... Sing with me everyone. "He haven't even thought of getting tickets beforehand"

I stopped walking and so did she, "Look..." pausing for more emphasis and dramatic approach, "Talk to him about this, nothing will happen if you rant it to me, you of all people should know how Lucas gets on my nerves"

She sniffed getting a bit teary eyed but snapped, "But seriously, at least he ought to expect that a mass of people to gather and initiated to grab some tickets in advance"

"Well, he should, I don't know" I shrugged and began to march turning to the huge doors of the lunchroom. Lucas is an idiot, he would not thought of anything about buying coupons in advance. I did have my eyes fall off their sockets as I saw the rope of a line last evening but lucky for me, Zach and Jake aren't that stupid enough to not take some extra tickets.

"...we got a verbal argument in the middle of the entrance and that's why I ended up ditching the carnival...wait, Alexis? Are you even listening?" I haven't even realized that my friend is not yet done with her banters.

"Oh yeah, course" I uttered louder to overpower the noise of the dinning hall.

Grace huffed and sashayed to our seats somewhat irritated at my ignorance. I swear I tried my best listening to her rants, but I got the attention span of a monkey.

I looked at her back figure walking away from me and flick through our table. There sat the others, Zach, Lucas and Jake are long waiting with their trays in front of them. I wonder why they join us every lunch though is it all because of the Shelby incident? Or for Jake, is it Emery?

They are too feisty for each other; I will be there when the two fell for the trap, not to help but to laugh at them, hysterically. That Jake is not the type to settle down and that Emery is not the type to even try to settle.

I got myself a chocolate drink before making my way to our lunch table. My eyes are deceiving me, my bff Grace Hastings who, may I add, is depressed and supposed to be in a silent treatment with Lucas Lint is, now, is doing some fangirling just in front of the dirtbag.