𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟴: 𝗹𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿

[瀬見 英太] Eita Semi

I was ready to just cry until all water left from me, but then I heard Taku get up, and when I peeked, Taku was ready to fight Hiro.

Honestly, I never liked Hiro. Even though it might seem weird to most, I hate him because he took everything from Shirabu and was so cold and nonchalant about it. Like taking his life was his goal. 

I'm sure no one ever noticed. No one every cared to see what happened with Kenjirō and Hiro. But I did. They were setters, from the same team.

Hiro would smirk at him, and Shirabu would just bite his bottom lip, as if a conversation going like "Me: 13, you: 0."

It pissed me off. Especially since almost all eyes were on him, Shirabu would just be there and try to be happy. No, he didn't try to be, he was obviously pained, but no one noticed.

I did.

And I was on the freaking TV.

What I saw was what a million other people could've seen.

What I saw could've made big news because the nice and amazing Hiro was rude.

That's why I resented him.

I didn't like Shirabu because, well, he was sort of ignorant about the whole he was setter thing, but he was mainly just plain rude. But he was to everyone.

I should've been glad Hiro took the dreams of the person who took mine, but I knew everything that happened when you were replaced out of the blue.

I quickly got up. Taku wasn't going to stop himself from killing Hiro even with me around. I dug into my pockets and ran straight in front of Hiro, who was surprised because I was defending him.

"Taku," I muttered. The letter was in my hand, and I guess he didn't recognize it. Then I turned it face front, where the sticker was. Misaki liked cheescake, and that was what the seal had on it.

"How..."

"I'm reading it out loud. Remember these words." I nearly choked when I said that. It was my first time ever coming with the note.

"Dear Taku, Misa's son. I do not want to survive the torment from you and your friends, big brother. I don't think you know what those words mean. You did not have to join in on the abuse at home. But you did anyway. I will commit suicide. From Misaki Ito."

Hiro's eyes were literally bowling balls. His friend was just there, astonished.

"How did you even get that?"

"I was in your school, in another class. I don't expect you to remember me, since we never talked and you never looked at me. But do you really want another person dying at your ability?" My vision became blurry. "Do you...do you even know how she died? The way she killed herself?"

The letter was hanging from my right hand, and Hiro scooted in a bit so he could read it, but I couldn't care less.

"She wanted to die so badly she poisoned herself, hung herself, then stabbed her heart."

Hiro's nose was literally in the letter at this point.

Taku's head was bowed down. "I didn't..."

"See? Please, don't do this anymore."

What happened next was a little unexpected, but I was glad it happened. He mumbled a sorry, grabbed the note, and ran.

My knees buckled and I fell. When I opened my eyes after a few seconds of closing it, Hiro was wearing a soft expression. 

"Let's go find Ichika."