𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟭: 𝗜𝘁𝗼'𝘀

[瀬見 英太] Eita Semi

Chiya thanked me, and some people who found out about the "heroic" thing I did swooned over me—not lovingly loving, just thankful.

Maybe I was scared that Taku would hurt him, but I think it was more like I was scared that he'd hurt anyone.

Back when I was in kindergarten, I knew another Ito. Her name was Misaki, and she was the first person to warm up to me when I joined midway. Misaki Ito was her name. Lovely was she, and just a pure angel.

The day of her death was a lot to handle for some people.

I had only known her for two days, so I don't know.

Five days into kindergarten, many of my classmates would shout insults at me. The others would snicker.

On the fifth day, though, Misaki came up to me. She held out her hand for me to take when I was face-planted into the sand because some of my classmates came to push me.

Misaki had black, wavy hair, and her skin was light. Really pretty.

She offered to play with me, but on the third day, she was said to have killed herself.

I don't know how messed up you can be to know you can kill yourself when you're five.

Misaki had a brother who was in another class, but during school time after his sister was dead, he was laughing a lot.

Five-year-old me thought he was trying to cover things up.

Until I realized what he was laughing at.

It was a letter written to him from Misaki.

I got ahold of it and read it.

I didn't know what some of the words meant, so I wrote a few words on a piece of paper and got some random people to tell me what they meant.

That's how I found out what suicide, torment, and abuse meant at recess.

I still have the note.

It brings me down every time I read it.

Dear ____,

I do not want to survive the torment from you and your friends, big brother.

I don't think you know what those words mean.

You did not have to join in on the abuse at home.

But you did anyway.

I will commit suicide.

From Misaki Ito.

Who was it sent to?

Well...when I reread it last year...

Dear Taku, Misa's son

Misa was her mom's name.

The things she was suffering from prevented her from addressing Taku as a brother and Misa as her mom.

I want to know, what will Taku do when he sees this note?